XI

The sun poured through the window of Yoojung's apartment

The sun poured through the window of Yoojung's apartment. Her eyes slowly open since this bright light was usually what prompted her to wake up.

Her upper body rises, and she stretches both her arms out. A satisfied hum escapes her closed lips. This was already one of the most peaceful mornings she had since she found out she was at risk for heart cancer.

Somehow, she felt lifted, like a great burden was removed from her shoulders. She wondered why she felt different than usual. Didn't something happen to her last night? Everything was kinda fuzzy.

She lets her back connect with the bed once again so that she could try to think. She turns to lay on her side, and this was what triggers a recent memory to resurface in her brain.

She remembers what happened earlier this morning. She recalls how she was experiencing chest pains for most of the night. Then a sudden flashback of Ni-ki holding her hand pops up into her mind, and the way his deep voice chanted above her. Plus the way his long fingers intertwined with her dainty ones.

Asshole.

What made him think he could do that? What was the reason? She hated how she couldn't remember right away. Just then, she recalls how she saw a usual glow of yellow through her half-closed eyes last night. Now that she thought about it, she had never seen such sight nor felt such sensations before.

She quickly realizes something. She wasn't experiencing morning pains anymore. Wait.. did he enchant me?

Placing her right hand on the left side of her chest, she realizes the consistent tension was no longer there. She didn't think Ni-ki was serious about the deal nor that he was nice enough to ease her from her pain.

Furthermore, she realizes that even after all this time she didn't actually know his name. She would constantly curse him but never in a verbally direct manner. Funny how she remembered Sunghoon and Heeseung when she only saw them a couple times when she was a child.

Whatever, I could ask later. Yoojung knew that Ni-ki was going to be nearby anyway, so she hops off of her bed to go begin her skincare and makeup routine. She does this because she liked to look good while working. Her mother always made sure to make her look beautiful no matter what.

When finished, she plops herself unto her swivel chair so get ready to start studying. Unfortunately, she had an exam in an afternoon class later, so she had to prepare for it.

After a few seconds in to her studying, a deep voice comes out of nowhere, "Seriously? Back to work? I lifted you from your pains. I would've expected you to go out into the world." There was Ni-ki now in her room, standing before the window.

Indeed, she was a workaholic, but working somehow relieved her stress. Unfazed that he was suddenly on her couch, she notes, "Thanks again for that, but I don't intend to use your benefit to have fun. Instead, I'll use it to let me work for hours straight."