V

"I think this is so cute! You should buy it," Gyuri squeals

"I think this is so cute! You should buy it," Gyuri squeals. She shoves a $1k Chanel bag into Yoojung's chest she found. She goes on to say how it was a good deal and how Chanel bags are usually never this cheap.

Yoojung just got off her morning shift, and she decided to hang out with her childhood friend. They hadn't been together in so long, so she ended up calling her up so that they could spend time together.

Yoojung observes the pink Chanel bag in her hands. Normally, she wasn't one to buy these things of stuff. She saves her money well for my future, but she didn't really need to anymore. There wasn't a future. For once, she gives in. "Sure."

"Actually?" Gyuri widens her eyes and her jaw drops. At an instant, she loses excitement as it turns to worry. "It is kinda expensive, though."

Yoojung sends her a smile of reassurance, "It's fine." By tilting her head toward the cashier, she gestures that she was going to pay for it right away. Excitedly, she loops her arm around Yoojung's and drags toward the cashier.

When inserting her card into the machine, Yoojung could feel her whole body cringe. I just lost $1k for a bag.

After their adventure in Chanel, they exit out of the store and adventure around the rest of the mall.

This was the only shopping bag she had. Gyuri, on the other hand, had like three, and Yoojung didn't think she was done yet. "Let's go check out Tommy Hilfiger. It's near here," Gyuri chimes as she ran a few feet ahead of Yoojung to look for it.

She had already spent so much money, Yoojung wondered how she was reckless enough to not stop. "I hope your card doesn't decline," she joked. Gyuri rolls her eyes.

This is when Yoojung feels something internal hit her. Not again.

She stops walking, and the world slows. Her heart rate moves rapidly and her head becomes light. There was a tight feeling in her chest, and she felt an agonizing amount of pain in a split second. It was as if a knife was stabbing her chest repeatedly.

For a moment, due to all the contractions in her organs, breaths struggle to come out. This is what the doctor meant when he said that she should be treated. Although she was going to die anyway, it would help her relieve the pain.

She is soon brought back to my senses when Gyuri calls for her, "Yoojung?" Thankfully, she loses the feeling of the symptoms, and it looked like Gyuri just turned around. The oblivious girl mindlessly points out, "You know, you left me on read yesterday."

Yoojung inhales a deep breath and proceeds like nothing had just happened. Yes, I did. On purpose. "Oh, shittttttttt!" she exaggerates. Wanting to change the topic, Yoojung grabs her friend and points, "Look. It's Tommy Hilfiger!"

She immediately forgets about what she had just pointed out and giggles. They run for the store.

=

It had been a long day for both Yoojung and Gyuri. More so for Gyuri. She had her head tilted back to rest against the window as she slept. Like Yoojung predicted, she had four more shopping bags in hand to add the three she had earlier. Yoojung still only had one. The only other thing she purchased was a poutine earlier.

Yoojung wish she had the privilege to doze off like her friend did, but she didn't.

Growing up, she felt like she faced a plethora of misfortunes. She was always unlucky, no matter what the situation is. The only few things she was completely confidence about was that something was going to mess up - even if it were little.

One of her hands was placed on her heart as if it were acting like a stabilizer. There was a tinge of fear in her that she would go into that pain she left twice a while ago again.

She stared straight ahead, forcing herself awake. She blinks harshly. If both Gyuri and I were asleep, then we may miss our stop. They did travel far from home.

At one of the stops, the bus suddenly became full. Now, it was crowded. Someone stands right before Yoojung. Instinctively, she looks up to glance at their face, and to her surprise, it was the handsome guy from yesterday.

She is caught off guard by the fact that he was already staring down at her, smirking and holding onto the handle above his head. "Hello," his deep, sultry voice rang through her ears the same way it did yesterday. "We meet again."

Without realizing, she bites her tongue for too long. She curses herself for making it obvious she was mesmerized. She realizes that she should respond to him in some way, "You remember me?"

"Of course," he says. "From the hospital."

"Ah." The bus then comes to a stop, and the man who sat on her right side got up to leave. The mysterious man occupies it instead. "So, why were you at the hospital?"

He looked so cool. His Adam's apple bobs before he replies, "I was looking for someone. There's something I need her to do."

Yoojung nods to indicate she was intently listening. "Well, did you find her?"

"Yup," he looks at her once again, and her heart skips a beat. "She's right beside me." Her once propped shoulders proceed to droop after processing his sentence.

He was looking for me? And he needs me to do something? Did this mean that he bumped into her on purpose?

The attraction she felt was soon replaced with intimidation. There was something hiding in his sharp eyes that presented itself with dark underlying intentions, and she couldn't understand what it was.

"Wait, why are you-?" The bus proceeds to halt, and everyone naturally jerks toward the bus' front due to the inertia of motion - everyone except the mysterious guy. He somehow stays still, eyeing her.

"This is my stop," he casually gets up. As if he didn't just intimidate her, he gets off the bus and winks at her. Standing by the exit with his hands in his pockets, he says, "See you around, Yang Yoojung." How does he know my name?

Then, one side of his mouth lifts up to form a smirk. When he does this, she notices a sharp tooth peak out from under his upper lip.

...What?
All of a sudden, she flashbacks to her encounter with Sunghoon and Heeseung all those years ago.

Then, the bus doors close and the vehicle starts moving again. She swallows, trying to find the sanity in her to figure out how she should feel right now.

=

A feeling of slight anxiousness was present in Yoojung. As she entered her house, she couldn't help but feel watched. She kicks her shoes off and heads to her kitchen to find a snack to relieve her stress on. Stress-eating was always one of her favourite coping mechanisms.

Everything that happened was so sudden.

It was as if it were some kind of a reason. Of course, everything happens for a reason, but Yoojung had a feeling that this reason was against her. She recently found out she was going to die of terminal illness, too!

After pulling out an ice cream sandwich from her freezer, she makes her way to her living room to sprawl her body all over her favourite couch.

This is when she realizes that someone else was already occupying it.

He casually says to her, "You should really lock your windows."