secrets (2/2)

a notification came up from a phone.

both of the boys looked at the phone. cody realised it was his. he tried to reach for it but noah quickly took the phone.

"hey! dude what the-"

"no phones on the table. where are your manners codester?"

"i just need to see who texted me! give it back!"

cody tried to reach for his phone again and noah backed his body while his hands up in the air with cody's phone not letting the other reach it. noah chuckled as cody struggled to reach it.

"fine! if i finish the goddamn food will you give my fucking phone?"

"yeah, that'll be enough."

cody stared at him before continueing to eat. noah did the same. it was quiet before cody started asking.

"where are we going?"

noah stared at cody with confusion.

"what?"

"you asked me to go out, i agreed now where are we going?" cody looked back at him

"oh uh.. it's a uh.. secret! yeah secret." noah responded quickly as he looked away from the other.

"oooh! surprises? never knew you knew what i like." cody joked

noah looked at him again. his face started to go red and he quickly got up and went to the sink. cody decided to sneakily grab his phone and look at the text earlier.

cody's body froze. it was from the same person. a picture of him and noah eating together. the caption says

'tell me who that shitty guy is.'

his body suddenly moved out of shock as noah took away cody's phone. cody looked up at noah as noah stared down at him with an angry face.

"what did i tell you? no phones out while on a table. goodness who's seriously texting you that makes you wanna open your phone?" the jealousy in his tone was visible but cody gave no mind to that.

noah tried to look at cody's texts before cody jumped onto the table and covered his phone.

"NO!"

"what the-"

their faces were close to eachother. they stared at eachother before both of them feel red on their faces. noah slowly put back cody's phone the table as cody backed up from him.

both of them had the colour red on their cheeks. noah looking away from cody as cody did the same while rubbing his own neck. it was silence in the kitchen.

noah faked his cough before grabbing cody's empty plate and went to the sink washing it along with his own. cody just stared at the back of noah. noah's long hair covered his neck. cody wonder why noah kept it long.

"you can go get ready."

"what?"

"get ready, we're going in a bit." noah says again.

"r-right."

cody got up and walked to his room upstairs. when noah heard the sound of the door room closing. he dropped onto the floor as he covered his face which was redder than before.

"god fucking dammit cody."

-skip-

"took you long enough." cody said as noah walked out of the door.

"i needed a good clothing to wear, i'm not going out looking weird." noah says as he puts his shoes on