12.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟,✧˖°

𝕾𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘, 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖚𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖒𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖞 𝖈𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟,✧˖°

"Azul! What are you doing?!" The leech twins and the first-year group arrives at the fighting scene and saw a horrible sight.

"What's Azul sucking outta these people?! They're all collapsing after he's done with them!" Ruggie was takn aback due to horror.

'Looks like his unique magic sucks EVERY power out of someone if it's not channeled through a contract.
I'm betting the contract is like a filter that limits his magic's effects...' Vernie thought, still hidding behind all of them.

'Anytime soon.... I'm gonna do my job..' Her heart clenched by that thought. She felt a sense of pity, and an uncomfortable feeling creeps up to her.

"Jade! Floyd! Ahhh, you've finally come back to me. Would you believe that thanks to these FOOLS, I've lost all of my contracts? Which is why I'm going to need your powers now. Come on, give them to me!" Azul slowly walks towards them with wide arms.

"Hold on. Your unique magic is so powerful, it's impossible to control without a contract scroll. You know better than anyone what will happen if you do this!" Jade warns, clearly looking concerned.

"But I lost it all, you see? Everything! Aha ha... AHA HA HA! I'm going to revert back to my old self if I don't act now!" Azul cries.

'Old self....? My head is spinning...' Vernie left out a few cough.

"AAAH HAH HA! AAAAAH HA HA HA!"
As Azul transforms to his evil form, he overblotted.

----

As the students was attacking the overblotted Azul, Vernie secretly supporting them with her magic.
'Hm.....'

She flicks her finger, as her was covered in a black robe. She was waiting for the perfect timing to close up and fetch his soul.

It's just that- She has a feeling that she has to hesitate. She stares at the overblotted form of Azul, deep in thought. It's weird that she have this feeling when it doesn't happen before.

Exhale, 'Let's get going...Time is ticking fast....'

While on the others, they are all running out of their energy, laying on the floor.
"I can't, I can't anymore...." Ace panted.
"Hold on, Ace! We can't give up yet!"

"This should be done, now." Vernie, with her cape, sneak behind them and spokes. Everyone was astonished by the appearance of the unknown person.

"Who are you?! How dare you to fight with most powerful wizard now?!" Azul, who overblotted, laughs at the girl that they didn't unaware. Jade, at behind saw an familiar pair of orbs that he falls for it.

Wind blows at her as her cape falls, revealing Vernie's face. Everyone let out a gasp.

"I wouldn't wanna do this either, Azul. But, it must be done. It's over, my dear." Vernie swings her staff, a portal appears.

She swings it gain, Azul got sucked by that portal slowly. "No!!!!!!!!" Azul attacks the girl with magic he gain, as she didn't even fazed.

"Where are you taking him????" Yuu comes to Vernie's side, questions. She didn't respond.
"Vernie! Listen to me!"

'You always like this, little death. How funny that you can handle this big chunky guy to hell all by yourself..'

'No one ever wants to be your friend, after all~'

Vernie stunned by those voices. She slowly having mental panics. "I-"
"Watch out!!!!!"

Azul strikes a big magic bomb at them and they dodge it successfully. " That's it....!"

Vernie knockes her scythe to the ground as everything turns white.

----

"Little Angelfish, you alright?" Azul whispers at the girl who lays on his shoulder, knocked out. He doesn't know where they are currently are, in this empty space.

Vernie flutters her eyes slowly, looks at the octopus boy beside her. "Huh....?"
"Ouch, my head...."

"Careful, dear.You know where we are now?" The boy asks. Vernie look around the area, clearly no clue. " Not a single clue."

"Shall we, explore a little?" Vernie gets up by herself, staring at Azul, hesitates.
Her orbs revealing confused, and some mixed emotions in it which cannot be detected.

Azul pushes his glasses up, "We should, Angelfish." As they soon departed, the boy's mind is full of question marks by the eyes Vernie made. This is certainly amusing.

As they walk side by side, small and small scene appears, revealing Azul's past. Azul then starts to talk about his weakness, his past self.

He has been bully in his childhood. He always got laughed by other merchild due to his unique appearance. He feels that the only place he ever belonged was inside an octopus pot.

He is an octopus, lots of feet with suction cups. He's quiet, never assert himself. He's always alone. A silly little octopus.

He always waiting for revenge, as he meet the eel twins.
" They encourage me to use my power, as I called it ' It's a Deal '. I never forgets. The sights of those who mocked me. Those who bullied me. I have their weaknesses, their insecurities..."

"As long as I have this contract scroll, I am invincible!
I'm not the same silly, lonely little octopus I used to be. I'll make everyone who ever mocked me quaver and beg for mercy."

Azul laughs at himself, " Guess I'll fail by those mortal's hand...." Tears gather in his eyes.
A palm was placed at his. Azul look up at the girl, surprised.
Her body usually is cold like those corpses, but this time is different.

"I can feel....you, Azul." She gave out a soft tone, that feels i t's easy to break.
" Even I can't even remember anything but those..."

She stops, gaining all her messy thoughts, as it all was calling out to her day by day. She coughs few black liquid out of her mouth.

"Angelfish...? Why are you coughing out.." Azul quickly gentle embrace the girl, looking worried.

"I- I'm alright. I will get those pills later.... But now, I feel dizzy.."
" Those words, those laughs, those insulting words, it's...."

"Do you have a same situation, Angelfish?" They exchanges gazes, getting the same thoughts.
" You don't need to speak out loud, dear. I get that..."

As they fell into deep sleep, till their friends calls them to awake.

----

"I'm sorry.......I can't save myself either"