CHAPTER 6

(Explicit Content Ahead)

.

"I want a divorce, Zach."

Her words pierced through Zach's ears like a sudden gunshot.

He didn't welcome what he just heard. His gaze immediately fixed on Evangeline's tear-stained face as his hands clutched her in a tight grip.

"You have no reason to divorce me, Evangeline. You promised me forever, have you forgotten? I love you," Zach responded, insistent, attempting to force a smile as he gently wiped away her tears, desperately trying to sway her decision.

Evangeline couldn't meet his eyes as she shook her head. "No. You don't love me anymore. You cheated on me, you hurt me. This is not love, Zach... Who you are right now is not the man I love. I... hate you." She uttered the words with profound pain.

Zach was in disbelief. His mouth slightly agape, he struggled to comprehend his wife's declaration. Despite his mistakes, he believed in his deep love for Evangeline, knowing in his heart, mind, body, and soul that he loved her too much and would do anything for her.

He was slowly losing his temper at how Evangeline was trying to misunderstand his actions. Zach slowly placed his forehead on hers, with his palms on both sides of her face slightly pressing on her.

"It's quite rude to speak to your husband that way. I did make a mistake but that does not mean I do not love you. You're testing my patience. And for that, I guess I'll have to remind you again." He whispered.

Zach sternly stood up and walked towards the door as Evangeline nervously watched. He suddenly locked the door and turned to face Evangeline once more.

"What are you doing?" She asked in fear as she back away, crawling further on their king-sized bed.

Zach took off his suit, throwing it on the floor and as he removed his tie, he tightly gripped it stretching the fabric.

When Evangeline was almost falling off the bed, he immediately grabbed her foot, pulling her towards him as if she only weighed like a feather.

"No... Zach, Don't!" Evangeline screamed as her husband ripped her dress from the hem upwards exposing her whole lower body.

"Evangeline Sinclair Salazar. My Evangeline." He breathed, as he forcefully grabbed her hands and tied them up.

Evangeline's body trembled as Zach went down to her knees kissing it until he reached her foot. He then looked up at her and began to crawl over her. And when he stared down at Evangeline, he smiled obsessively that made her shiver.

Zach's cold hands aggressively spread Evangeline's legs as he rubbed against him with his pants still on.

When he went down to kiss her neck, he immediately stopped and clenched his fists.

"You reek of another man." He spoke, gritting his teeth.

Before Evangeline could even defend herself, Zach has already pinned her by gripping down on her neck.

Evangeline gasped for air as she started choking. But it was not enough reason for Zach to stop as he pulled out his erect manhood and forcefully spread his wife's legs.

"Are you happy now? Hm? Evangeline? This little rebellion isn't enough for me to sign whatever fucking divorce papers are coming for me."

He took a deep breath and aggressively kissed her. Without even a moment of hesitation, Zach suddenly thrusted deep into her that made Evangeline gasp in between his kisses.

Her tears didn't seem to stop at any moment as Zach embraced her roughly.

Evangeline who was terrified for her life, faced the harsh reality that the man she believed to be her husband and the love of her life had vanished. In despair, she chose to shut her eyes, fervently praying that the nightmare would dissolve into a mere dream.

Zach came over and over again, defiling his unwilling wife's body. She was in pain, then she was numb. She was put through different positions and Zach enjoyed every second of it. It's as if he was an alpha wolf scenting his mate and marking her as his territory.

Evangeline's body was filled with bruises and hickeys. Her neck, now showing bruises as well when she was strangled.

"You'll always be Mrs. Salazar." Zach spoke in satisfaction as he kissed her cheek.

He placed his hand on Evangeline's sweaty belly and pressed on it a little, making her shiver and moan. Evangeline hated how her body was not rejecting him anymore. She hated how her body was so used to be held by him. She hated that even at a time like this, Zach was showing her his victorious smirk.

He slowly leaned down on her and whispered, "There's no such thing as divorce, honey. I'll make love to you over and over again, until you're filled with my seed. Only mine." He uttered and licked Evangeline's earlobe making her flinch.

With tearful eyes, Evangeline looked straight into his.

"You can have my body all you want. But you'll never have the Evangeline you need, Mr. Salazar, my husband." She smiled weakly.

"If I get the fuck out of here, you'll see the woman that I am and you'll be the one begging on your knees, honey. I stumble once, I triumph twice." Evangeline added and licked his cheek salaciously.

Zach stared into her, his temper being tested.

"You're just a woman. What can you do?" Zach scoffed and untied her.

He got off the bed and clothed himself while his eyes lingered on her.

Evangeline did not bother to say anything more to him. He made his way out of their room and immediately, Evangeline heaved a deep breath as she winced in pain.

She was sure she could not feel her lower body but she could definitely feel his semen flowing out of her. She slowly sat up and groaned.

Evangeline got off the bed and started limping towards the bathroom to clean herself up.

Evangeline filled the bathtub with warm water, allowing the soothing heat to envelop her tired and bruised body. As she immersed herself, the warmth penetrated her skin.

She closed her eyes, allowing the warmth to seep into her bones, calming the ache inside her heart. The gentle fragrance of lavender bath salts wafted through the air.

While Evangeline sat in the warm bath, tears rolled down her cheeks. The bathroom became her sanctuary as she let out the sobs she had been holding back. The water muffled the sound of her cries, giving a private space for her pain to unravel.