CHAPTER 11

Evangeline raised her hands, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. "Actually, I'm sorry for the confusion. That's not why I asked you here," she clarified.

Mr. Taylor adjusted his glasses, his demeanor shifting to one of professional attentiveness. "Of course, Mrs. Salazar. Please, go ahead. How can I assist you today?"

Evangeline nodded, grateful for the lawyer's understanding. "As I mentioned, I need to proceed with a divorce from my husband, Zachary, and I also require a restraining order against him," she stated firmly.

Mr. Taylor inclined his head, his expression neutral yet attentive. "Understood. Divorce proceedings and restraining orders are serious matters, Ms. Evangeline. Have you considered your reasons for seeking such legal action?"

Evangeline met his gaze with resolve. "Yes, I have. My marriage with Zachary has become untenable, and I fear for my safety and well-being in his presence. I believe that obtaining a divorce and a restraining order are necessary steps to protect myself and ensure my future security."

The lawyer nodded thoughtfully, jotting down notes on a legal pad before him. "I see. It's crucial to establish a clear and compelling case to support your requests in court. Have you gathered any evidence or documentation that may support your claims?"

Evangeline sighed, a hint of weariness in her voice. "I haven't yet, but I'm willing to provide whatever is necessary to substantiate my concerns. I just want to ensure that I can move forward with my life safely and without further harm from Zachary."

Mr. Taylor nodded, his demeanor professional yet empathetic. "Understood, Ms. Evangeline. Rest assured, I will do everything in my power to assist you in this matter. We will work together to gather the necessary evidence and documentation to support your case and ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout this process."

Evangeline nodded gratefully, feeling a sense of relief knowing that she had a capable and supportive legal advocate by her side. "Thank you, Mr. Taylor. I appreciate your help and guidance in this difficult time."

The lawyer offered her a reassuring smile. "You're welcome, Ms. Evangeline. Let's get started."

Jeremy listened intently, his concern for his sister evident in his furrowed brow. He interjected with questions and suggestions, eager to ensure that Evangeline's rights and safety were prioritized throughout the process.

After a thorough discussion, they outlined a plan of action tailored to Evangeline's needs and circumstances. Mr. Taylor assured them that he would begin the necessary preparations without delay, aiming to expedite the legal proceedings while ensuring they were thorough and comprehensive.

As they concluded their meeting, Evangeline felt a sense of relief wash over her. With Jeremy's unwavering support and Mr. Taylor's expertise on her side, she knew she was taking the necessary steps to reclaim her independence and protect herself from further harm.

In the following days, Mr. Taylor worked diligently on Evangeline's case, meticulously preparing the legal documents and gathering the evidence needed to support her claims. Jeremy, too, provided his full support, offering comfort and encouragement.

But the peace Evangeline hoped for was shattered when a letter of notice from the court informed Zachary that his wife, Evangeline Salazar, had filed a restraining order against him. His sanity seemed to fracture as he abruptly stood up, reading the letter.

Dear Mr. Zachary Salazar,

RE: NOTICE OF RESTRAINING ORDER

I am writing to inform you that a restraining order has been filed against you by Mrs. Evangeline Salazar in the Superior Court of Cascadia, case number 2024-CV-12345. The restraining order was issued on February 6, 2024, by Judge Katherine Thompson.

The restraining order prohibits you from contacting Mrs. Evangeline Salazar directly or indirectly, including by phone, email, or through third parties. Additionally, you are not permitted to approach her residence, workplace, or any place where she may be present. It is imperative that you adhere to these terms outlined in the restraining order to avoid any legal consequences.

Please be advised that violating the terms of the restraining order may result in legal action being taken against you, including possible arrest and prosecution.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the restraining order, you are encouraged to seek legal counsel or contact the court directly for clarification.

Sincerely,

Superior Court of Cascadia

As Zachary Salazar read the letter informing him of the restraining order, a surge of anger consumed him. Without a second thought, he burst out of his office, his footsteps echoing down the corridor as he made his way to the exit of the building.

The restraining order, a piece of paper meant to keep him away from Evangeline, felt like a chain tightening around his chest, suffocating him with each passing moment. Ignoring the warnings and legal ramifications, Zachary's determination to confront Evangeline overpowered any rational thought.

He stormed out of the building, the cool air doing little to quell the fire burning within him. With each step, his resolve hardened, his mind fixated on reaching Evangeline's location, regardless of the consequences.

The restraining order lay forgotten, discarded like a meaningless obstacle in his path. Nothing could deter him now, not even the law. Zachary was a man possessed, driven by anger and desperation, willing to defy all odds to confront the woman who had turned his life upside down.

Zachary's heart pounded with fury as he arrived at Jeremy's residence, his eyes locked on Evangeline tending to the flowers in the front garden. She looked serene, her smile radiant, oblivious to the storm about to descend upon her.

With practiced agility, Zachary scaled the gate, his movements silent and swift. Unnoticed by the guards, he closed in on Evangeline, his anger simmering beneath the surface, ready to erupt at any moment.

As he drew nearer, the sight of Evangeline's happiness, her carefree demeanor, fueled the fire burning within him.

'How dare she smile,' he thought, 'after what she had done?' The audacity of her filing a restraining order only served to stoke the flames of his rage.

Without hesitation, Zachary stomped his way towards her, his footsteps heavy with purpose. Like a predator closing in on its prey, he approached Evangeline, his eyes blazing with fury. She was like a ripe fruit, waiting to be plucked, but Zachary had no intention of savoring her sweetness. No, he was here for one thing and one thing only—to confront the woman who had dared to challenge him, to make her remember who he is.

Zachary's grip tightened on Evangeline's arm as he dragged her away from prying eyes, his anger boiling over at her nonchalant demeanor. He pushed her into the nearest room, the study, and locked the door behind them, trapping them in a tense standoff.

"What have you done?!" he growled, his voice thick with rage, his eyes blazing with fury.

Evangeline's smile remained infuriatingly calm, her teasing only serving to stoke the flames of his anger. "Oh, baby, I see you've received it. Did you like my love letter?" she taunted, tracing a finger provocatively along his lips.

"Don't play games with me," Zachary snapped, his patience wearing thin. "You think I'll stand by and watch?"

But Evangeline's smirk only widened, her words cutting deeper with each passing moment. "You can't fight against me, Zach. I have evidence. In fact, the divorce papers are already on the way to your office. You can remarry if you want. I'll happily be a Sinclair again."

Her words were like a knife twisting in his gut, and Zachary's anger surged to new heights. With a fierce determination, he declared, "You're a Salazar!"

"Yes, for now," she retorted, her smirk never faltering.

Zachary was fuelled by rage unlike anything he had ever known as he stared down at he.

Evangeline crossed both her arms and raised a brow.

"What? You want a farewell fuck?"