CHAPTER 45

Trigger Warning!!!

"You'll learn to obey me, Evangeline," he murmured, his voice laced with a chilling determination. "And together, we'll build the future I've always dreamed of."

Jeremy's hand trailed down Evangeline's cheek. His touch lingered with a possessive intensity. He leaned in, pressing his lips against hers in a forceful kiss. Despite her resistance, Evangeline found herself unable to escape his grasp as her body tensed with revulsion.

As Jeremy guided her down onto the bed, Evangeline's heart pounded in her chest, her mind consumed by memories of past violations. She clenched her fists, her breath catching in her throat as she braced herself for what was to come.

Jeremy pulled the blanket off her and slowly spread her legs, ready to thrust into her. And when he finally penetrated her, a moan escaped his lips but Evangeline reacted differently. Instead of feeling mutual pleasure, she grunted in pain and disgust, hate even.

Her own brother whom she treated so good was now ravishing her body as if she was his own wife. Evangeline closed her eyes in regret and loathed herself at why she just let this things happen to her. She thought her title, her own strength, her courage was enough to lead her a life different from her mother.

'Look at me now, mother. My life is worse than you.' She thought and looked away trying to avoid Jeremy's gaze.

As he enjoyed her body, Evangeline was nowhere in her thoughts. Her tears freely flowed down her cheek and she could taste the saltiness not from it, but from the last memory she had of her father leaving them.

Tears streamed down Evangeline's cheeks. The saltiness of her tears mingled with the bitter taste of memories long buried. The image of her father leaving them flashed before her, igniting a fury within her that threatened to consume everything in its path.

With a trembling hand, she reached for the pen tucked in Jeremy's pocket, her fingers closing around it with a tight grip. As Jeremy's eyes bore into hers with a twisted adoration, she forced a smile through her tears, her heart heavy with the weight of her impending decision.

"Jeremy..." she whispered, her voice barely audible above the tumult of emotions raging inside her.

"Yes, my Evangeline?" he murmured, his lips trailing down her neck in a grotesque display of affection.

Evangeline summoned all her strength and pushed him away slightly, locking his body in place with her crossed legs, a move executed with deceptive calmness.

"I..." she began, her voice catching in her throat as she struggled to find the words.

"I hate you," she finally choked out, each syllable dripping with venomous disdain. The shock in Jeremy's eyes mirrored her own turmoil as she unleashed the full force of her pent-up rage.

With a surge of determination, Evangeline drove the pen deep into Jeremy's neck, eliciting a guttural gasp of pain from him as he recoiled in agony. The metallic tang of blood filled the air, mingling with the echoes of his anguished cries.

As Jeremy's strength waned and darkness closed in around him, he uttered a final plea, his words a haunting echo of his demise. "E...Vie...D...go..."

Tears continued to flow down Evangeline's cheeks as she watched him slip into unconsciousness, the weight of her actions settling heavily upon her soul.

Evangeline's heart pounded in her chest and adrenaline coursed through her veins. Her sole focus was on her own safety. She hastily rummaged through the closet, pulling out a few articles of clothing and dressing herself in them with trembling hands.

She snatched Jeremy's wallet and the key from the bedside table, she tucked them securely into her pocket while her mind raced with thoughts of escape. Every nerve in her body screamed for her to flee, to leave behind the nightmare that had become her reality.

With one last glance at Jeremy's unconscious form, Evangeline dashed out of the dreadful place, her footsteps echoing down the dimly lit hallway as she raced towards freedom.

As Evangeline burst out of the house, the cold night air slapped against her skin. It was a stark contrast to the suffocating atmosphere she had just escaped. With trembling hands, she fumbled for the car keys, relief flooding her as she found them nestled in her pocket.

Her heart was heavy with anguish and shame. As Evangeline climbed into Jeremy's car, her vision was blurred by tears while she started the engine. Each rev of the engine seemed to echo the chaos in her mind.

As she sped away from the property, her thoughts whirled with conflicting emotions.

Evangeline had the desire to return to Klein, to seek solace and safety in his arms but instead, she warred with the crushing weight of shame that threatened to consume her.

How could she face him after what had happened? How could she look him in the eye and tell him of the horrors she had endured? How could she tell him she did not mean telling him that she does not love him, and that she truly loves him when she herself let Jeremy defile her own body?

Evangeline felt unworthy.

Tears streamed down her cheeks unchecked as she drove. Her sobs mingled with the hum of the engine. The road stretched out before her, an endless ribbon of asphalt leading nowhere and everywhere all at once.

Lost in her grief and turmoil, Evangeline drove on into the night. Her destination was uncertain but her heart was heavy with the burden of her shattered innocence.

Amidst her tears and the rumble of the engine, Evangeline's shaky hand found her belly where her baby nestled. With a soft breath, she focused on the life growing inside her and it became a ray of hope in the darkness that surrounded her.

"Hey, little one," she whispered, her voice trembling. "It's just you and me now, right?"

Her fingers gently caressed her belly, a silent promise to the precious life depending on her. Despite the chaos, Evangeline still found comfort in her unborn child, the only thing that keeps her sane.

"We'll be okay," she said. "I promise, sweetheart. No matter what, we'll make it through together."

With a fragile smile through her tears, Evangeline spoke words of love and comfort to her unborn child. She held onto the hope that somehow, they would find safety and a better future.