CHAPTER 44

Hours turned into days and Evangeline who remained under Jeremy's control, was now curled up on the bed, hiding beneath a blanket.

Tears streamed down her face as she sobbed uncontrollably, unable to contain the agony she felt. The chill in the room seemed to seep into her already cold heart, amplifying her anguish. Her body bore bruises, and a cut on her lip stung painfully, reminders of that violent night with Jeremy.

He showed no mercy the day he orchestrated her kidnapping and took advantage of her after he knocked her unconscious.

Evangeline curled up, hugging her small baby bump protectively. Her prayers filled with desperation for the safety of the precious life growing inside her.

She shivered from the cold, her body trembling with both fear and disgust. The realization that she couldn't protect herself from her own brother filled her with a profound sense of self-loathing.

In that moment, Evangeline felt like her future had been stolen from her. She feared she might not be worthy of being a mother to her unborn child, or deserving of love from anyone, if she ever managed to escape.

Never before had Evangeline felt so utterly defeated and brokenhearted. Her tears threatened to spill once more as her lips quivered, and she couldn't shake the feeling of dirtiness that consumed her.

So she whispered silent prayers into the void, clinging to the belief that somewhere, somehow, there was still a glimmer of light waiting to guide her home.

Evangeline's heart raced as she suddenly heard the sound of approaching footsteps shattering the oppressive silence of the room.

The sudden surge of adrenaline made her spring to her feet and hastily wipe away her tears. She clutched the blanket tightly around her trembling form and backed away from the door.

Every nerve in her body was on edge as the footsteps drew nearer, each echoing footfall.

As the door creaked open, Evangeline's breath caught in her throat. Her eyes narrowed with suspicion as she saw Jeremy holding a tray of food before her.

"Here, eat up. You don't want to starve that little one, do you?" He urged gently, setting the tray down on the table.

Evangeline hesitated, her stomach growling in protest even as her instincts warred against trusting Jeremy's offerings.

Noticing her reluctance, Jeremy chuckled. "I didn't cook anything myself. My personal chef made it," he reassured, taking a bite of each dish to prove its safety.

With a pang of hunger overriding her doubts, Evangeline rushed towards the tray and devoured the food with desperation.

"Good girl," Jeremy remarked with arms crossed as he watched her eat.

However, his gaze lingered disapprovingly on her growing baby bump and a flicker of irritation crossed his features.

"I mean, If I wanted to, I could have slipped abortion pills into your drink or food," he stated casually, causing Evangeline to choke on her water in shock.

"But I won't do that. I've scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning instead," he added with a smirk.

Evangeline immediately shot to her feet, wiping her mouth as she glared at him in disbelief.

"Don't you dare, you monster!" she spat, her voice trembling with anger and fear. But Jeremy remained unfazed while his smile was chillingly intact.

Jeremy's smile widened at Evangeline's outburst, his eyes gleaming with a twisted sense of satisfaction. "Oh, I wouldn't dream of it," he replied casually, as if discussing the weather.

Evangeline's fists clenched at her sides, her nails digging into her palms as she struggled to contain her fury. "You can't do this," she insisted, her voice trembling with a mixture of desperation and defiance.

Jeremy shrugged nonchalantly, as if her protests were nothing more than a minor inconvenience. "I can, and I will. You see, Evangeline, you belong to me now," he declared, his tone dripping with possessiveness.

Her heart hammered in her chest as she stared at him, aghast at the depths of his depravity. "I'll never belong to you," she spat, her voice thick with loathing.

Jeremy's expression hardened, his eyes narrowing into dangerous slits. "You'll learn to love me, Evangeline. Or you'll learn to regret it," he warned, his voice low and menacing.

Evangeline's resolve crumbled as Jeremy's words echoed in her ears. His threat was hanging over her like a dark cloud. Tears welled up in her eyes as she sank to her knees before him, her heart heavy with despair.

"Please," she pleaded, her voice choked with emotion, "I'll do anything you want. I'll love you, Jeremy, I swear. Just don't make me abort my baby."

Her words hung in the air, thick with desperation and fear, as she waited for his response. But Jeremy remained unmoved, his expression impassive as he looked down at her kneeling form.

"You'll do as I say, Evangeline," he stated coldly, his voice devoid of any compassion. "And if you try to defy me again, there will be consequences."

Evangeline bowed her head in defeat, her shoulders shaking with silent sobs as she realized the depth of her predicament. She had no choice but to submit to Jeremy's twisted desires, no matter the cost.

So Jeremy walks towards her and takes her by the hand. His grip tightened around her trembling hand as he pulled her up from her knees. Without a word, he led her back to the bed, his steps purposeful and commanding. Evangeline followed even if her movements were hesitant and resigned, knowing that she was powerless to resist him.

As they reached the edge of the bed, Jeremy released her hand and gestured for her to sit. Evangeline obeyed, her heart heavy with dread.

With a cold glint in his eyes, Jeremy reached out and brushed a strand of hair away from Evangeline's tear-streaked face. His touch sent shivers down her spine, filling her with a sense of unease.

"You'll learn to obey me, Evangeline," he murmured, his voice laced with a chilling determination. "And together, we'll build the future I've always dreamed of."

Evangeline nodded weakly, her spirit broken under Jeremy's relentless control. She knew that she was trapped in his web of manipulation, with no hope of escape. All she could do now was hold on that tiniest spark of hope that she could eventually leave this place.