29

Seungcheol's heart raced as he waited for the morning to arrive. The sun peeked through the curtains, casting a warm golden light on Yn's pale face.

It was a new day, and with it came a renewed sense of hope. The beeping of the machines filled the room, but for once, it didn't feel like a constant reminder of her fragility.

Instead, it was a reassuring sound, a symphony of life.

The doctors and nurses bustled in, their steps lighter, their faces brighter. They surrounded Yn's bed, they checked her vitals. Seungcheol hovered nearby, his gaze fixed on Yn's face, willing her to open her eyes.

After what seemed like an eternity, the lead doctor stepped forward, a smile on his face. "Her body is responding well to the treatment." Seungcheol's heart leapt at the news. the doctor continued. "We can see some movement under her eyelids."

"She...she's gonna wake up right?????" Seungcheol's voice cracked with disbelief, hope, and fear.

The lead doctor nodded. "It's too early to tell, but the signs are promising. Her vital signs are improving. We're going to continue monitoring her closely and adjust her treatment accordingly. But for now, let's give her some rest."

Seungcheol nodded, tears streaming down his face. A wave of relief and joy washed over him as he gripped Yn's hand, willing her to hold on. He leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "I love you, Yn! You're going to be okay."

As the days passed... All the members were hopeful once again.

Days turned into weeks, and Yn's condition got better. She was still sleeping, but the doctors said her body was getting stronger. Seungcheol stayed by her side every day, talking to her and holding her hand.

One day, the doctor shared good news. "Yn is making progress. Her body is healing, but waking up....." He trails off. "Keep talking to her, and we'll do our best."

Seungcheol felt a mix of happiness and impatience. He continued to talk to Yn, telling her about everything happening around, just like he used to. The beeping machines now sounded like a melody of hope.

Other members visited, bringing smiles and positive energy. They talked to Yn, played her favorite songs, and shared stories. Even though Yn was still sleeping, it felt like she was part of their world again.

The waiting was hard, but Seungcheol held on to hope. Every small improvement made his heart lighter. He believed that one day, Yn would open her eyes, and their world would be complete again. Until then, they stayed by her side, patiently waiting for the moment when Yn would wake up...

~~~~~~

She could hear voices, distant and muffled, calling out to her from a place beyond reach.

"Why does everything feel so dark?" Yn's thoughts echoed in the vast expanse of her mind, a whisper of despair amidst the silence. "Why am I all alone?"

She longed to break free from the suffocating darkness that surrounded her, to reach out and grasp onto something tangible, something real. But no matter how hard she tried, she felt trapped, as if held captive by invisible chains that bound her to the depths of her own consciousness.

She yearned for a flicker of light to pierce through the darkness, to guide her out of the depths of her despair.

She couldn't help but wonder if she would ever find her way back to the light, if she would ever emerge from the shadows that threatened to consume her...

And then, there was a change. A distant rustling, like leaves being stirred by an unseen breeze. It was faint, barely perceptible, but it was there. She strained her ears, struggling to focus on the sound, to make sense of it.