Getaway car

The next day Reputation knew what she needed to do, she needed to know more, about everything. She drove to school like always passing by miserable-looking kids walking with their heavy backpacks, the school was still pretty far away so she didn't know how they walked all the way there.

She kept driving until she saw a familiar one walking. It was lover, but she didn't seem to look as miserable as the others, she was smiling. She held a few papers in one hand, and in the other was her phone. Reputation stopped the car next to her. “Hey!” Reputation yelled but Lover kept walking, Lover heard Reputation but she didn't think it was meant for her. 

“Are you deaf of something?” Reputation said a bit louder this time. She obviously knew Lover wasn't deaf, but she couldn't let herself be too soft, so she had to bully a little. “Sorry.. I didn't hear you..” Lover said which made Reputation shiver. Reputation didn't know how lover could be so happy all the time after what she went through, even Reputation, the emotionless model, couldn't go through what Lover went through without breaking down.

“Do you need a ride?” Reputation said softer this time. “um no.. thanks though” Lover replied and kept smiling. “You know that the school is really far, you'll probably be late.” Reputation said. For a moment everything was silent, Reputation stared into Lover’s light blue eyes and forgot about everything.

“Are you sure?” Lover suddenly said, which snapped Reputation back to reality. “huh” Reputation said, confused. “Are you sure you don't mind driving me to school?” Lover said peacefully. “Yes, now get in! If you're gonna make me late I swear to God Lover.” Reputation said a bit louder than she intended, but she didn't notice. Lover flinched and basically stopped breathing for a few seconds before just looking out the window. After a few minutes lover said “Sorry…” Reputation looked at Lover and then back at the road, she understood she was a bit too hard on Lover.

“Who are you?” Lover asked, still looking out the window. “Excuse me?” Reputation said coldly. “I mean.. sorry it came out wrong, are you famous or something? Everyone in the school always looks at you and I heard people talking about you all the time.” Lover said. Reputation looked surprised, she was shocked Lover didn't know about her job as a model, secretly though, she was kind of glad. "Oh don't worry about it" Reputation replied. "Oh okay" Lover said playfully. The rest of the ride was silent, Lover drew on the papers she had while Reputation kept driving.

“We're here.” Reputation said sternly. Lover just nodded and opened the door. Before she left she turned to Reputation. “Thanks for the ride.” She said and smiled at Reputation. Reputation just gave her a cold look and then turned to lock the car. Lover smile dropped and she just walked out quietly into the school building.

Reputation went inside a few seconds later, the only thing she could think about was that maybe she was too mean to Lover. She didn't want to hurt Lover at all, she felt bad for lover, which was different because she never felt bad for anyone before.

On lunch break Reputation walked around the school looking for 1989 and midnights, she kept walking until she came across an empty classroom. She opened the door slightly to see two figures making out, or at least it looked like one was kissing the other, but the other didn't look like they wanted it so much, more like it was forced.

She opened the door a bit more to see a boy towering over a small girl with blonde hair and a pink sweater. It was Lover. "Please stop please" Lover whispered quietly to the boy, but Reputation could hear. "No. Now stay quiet or I'll punch you." The boy told her while grabbing her arm tighter.

“She told you to stop.” Reputation coldly as she got closer to the boy, he turned around quick and dropped Lover on the ground, Lover didn't cry, she stayed quiet with her hands on her face.