The Other Side Of The Door

Midnights pressed the trigger, but right before she did the gun flew out of her hand. 1989 kicked it a second before the bullet hit midnights and it was now on the floor. 1989 wanted to scream at Midnights, to be so mad at her. But she knew that if she did that, Midnights would try to kill herself again and 1989 didn’t want that.

Midnights didn’t say anything, instead she sat down next to her grandparents grave and just stared. A lot of the time Midnights just stared at random things, people might think she’s thinking but actually she has no real reason to do that, she just does. Her mind goes blank.

1989 wanted to say something but she didn’t want to make Midnights scream at her, which she probably wouldn’t do as she was way too lazy to do that.

Midnights stared blankly at the grave, not even thinking about what just happened. She had tears in her eyes but she didn’t cry or make any sound at all. “Midnights… I-” 1989 said. “Please don’t talk to me” Midnights said, still facing the grave, away from 1989. “Please listen…” 1989 said desperately. Midnights had so many thoughts and was so confused it started hurting her head. 1989 wanted her dead, why would she do that? 1989 wanted her to die and she wanted to die a bit too. She felt like she was too much to everyone around her, she was just like a child, needing to be taken care of. She didn’t want to make people worry about her, it was her fault and she needed to live with the consequences, but she didn’t learn, she kept drinking and smoking because she didn’t care anymore, if she died then this is it, she didn’t care at all.

“Midnights I’m so sorry… I should’ve known I- I should’ve thought about you…” 1989 said, she did cry. “Known what? You should’ve known what? That I'll kill myself? That I’ll actually listen to you because you’re my whole world and I would never try to hurt you? That I’m a child because I take things too seriously? I thought that maybe if I came to school we can make up but instead I see you making out with someone. You know what I did while you were happy after the break up? I fucking cried. I cried and I couldn’t stop and that was the first time I ever cried. I cried for you. And what do I get from that? Yeah, you making out with someone else. If you came here to redeem yourself you should just go. I’m done with you and I’m done with life.”

Midnights got up, picking up the gun from the floor. “Midnights if you do this I’ll kill myself too.” 1989 said she knew Midnights wouldn’t do that anymore. “You wanted me to die, you said it yourself. Why do you care so much all of a sudden?” Midnights asked, still not turning around. She aimed the gun to her head. “Midnights I’m not gonna let you do this” She tried to turn her around but couldn’t. “How will you possibly do that?” Midnights asked, now turning her head towards 1989. 

“Like this” 1989 snatched the gun from Midnights’ hand and threw it on the floor, then stomped on it to break it. “STOP I NEED THAT” Midnights yelled picking up the broken pieces of the gun. “So you can end yourself? I’m not gonna let you do that” 1989 said, still crying. “Just leave me alone” Midnights sat on the ground, burying her face in her hands. “Midnights please just… Listen to me…” Midnights really didn’t want to but she knew 1989 won’t shut up about it. “What do you want” She turned to face 1989. “I love you” 1989 said. Midnights was shocked to hear that but then she got mad again. “Why won’t you say that to your new girlfriend.” 

“Midnights you know I didn’t mean that, I just can’t keep taking care of you like that and I was really hurt after that dude pushed me away. And you just stayed there, smoking your cigarettes. While you were getting compliments I was getting insults.” Midnights was confused. “When did this happen??” She was high when it happened so she obviously didn’t remember it ever happening. “See, that's what I’m talking about. You think getting high solves all the problems in the world?” She turned to Midnights. “That and suicide” Midnights joked though it didn’t really sound like that. “You are not killing yourself, now let's go back because this place’s scary” She turned to Midnights who was sitting next to the grave again. “You can go, I’ll think about it” 1989 was annoyed again. “Alright.” She took Midnights hand and dragged her away, making Midnights walk slowly behind her, almost falling every three seconds.