Soon you'll get better

1989 kept walking around until she was far away from them. The same day she decided to hang out with her friends again, to clear up her mind. She was with her friends in one of their cars. “Hey, would you mind stopping somewhere for a second? I have something to do. It’s a house I can give you the address.” She asked them and they all agreed. She gave them the address and they stopped there.

She knocked on the door but no one answered for about three minutes. Eventually a very sleepy Midnights opened the door, she was only wearing an oversized T-shirt and underwear so 1989 tried to cover the door as much as she could. “Hi babe.” Midnights said. “Shut up, I’m just here to tell you we’re done.” 1989 said with the most serious face she could without breaking down. “What? No” Midnights said, just refusing. “I said what I said and I have to go. Bye” 1989 said, her heart ached when she saw Midnights face but she had to do that. 1989 turned around to go but Midnights grabbed her wrist. “I want an explanation” Midnights demanded but 1989 escaped her grip and walked away to her friends.

Midnights was left there, dumbfounded. She was confused, confused about everything. She kept a straight face all the way up to her room, but when she got there she just broke down on the bed.

The next day, Midnights didn’t come to school. 1989 was worried but didn’t show it. She went to Reputation to tell her everything, and she did. Reputation was kinda confused, she knew Midnights had problems but she didn’t think she would just give up on her girlfriend like that. She decided not to get into their things so she didn’t choose a side. However she did tell 1989 everything that happened with Lover, and how they’re gonna meet up for dinner that day. 1989 was happy for Reputation but couldn’t keep her mind off Midnights. She knew that without 1989 Midnights smoking and drinking problems would become so much worse, but she decided to ignore it as they weren’t together anymore, she didn’t need to care for her. She wasn’t wrong though.

Midnights was on the roof of her house, a cigarette in her mouth and she kicked rocks that were on the roof off of it. Every Time she saw someone that reminded her of 1989 she threw her cigarette on them and took another one.

Reputation was in her house, wearing the clothes she chose and cooked dinner. She was sure Lover would look amazing. She bought a big balloon sign that said ‘I’m sorry’. She set up everything in her backyard which she made sure was the most romantic ever. There were small yellow lights that made everything prettier.

Just then, she heard a knock on the door. She went there and opened the door to see the most beautiful girl she has ever seen. She saw Lover and immediately fell in love with her even more. Lover smiled at her and waited for Reputation to let her in. 

“hi” Lover said which snapped Reputation back to reality. “Oh, hey.” Reputation said and let her in. “You look beautiful” Reputation said, still staring at her. “Thank you, you look really good too.” Lover said, which made Reputation blush and her heart melt. “Thank you so much, you don’t know how much it means to me that you’re not hating me right now.” Reputation confessed. “Hate you? I could never hate you.” Lover said, still smiling. Reputation led her to the table she sat up and pulled out the chair for her.

They ate and had so much fun, and then Reputation decided to talk. “Look Lover, I did all that just to tell you that I am so sorry, I should’ve believed you and I just wanted to say that I am still so in love with you and I was just stu-” She was cut off by Lover kissing her, which she gave in for very easily. “You’re not stupid” Lover mumbled while their lips still attached.

Pretty quickly Midnights sadness turned into anger, and then into nothing at all. She didn’t come to school for weeks, got high and drunk every second of every day and just stopped socializing at all. She didn’t meet anyone in person because she didn’t even leave her room. She had a ladder from her room to the roof and that was the only time she breathed fresh air. She had dozens of empty bottles on the floor. Some broken, some just empty and some had like a drop left. Midnights sleeping schedule was also messed up, sometimes she went to sleep at 1am (never) sometimes she went to sleep at 5am, and sometimes she never slept at all. Slowly she became depressed, though she didn’t want attention from anyone. In her mind she was perfectly capable of living like this.

Every once in a while, 1989 would walk next to her house, though she’d run away just as fast as she got there. She would lie if she said she wasn’t concerned, Midnights didn’t come to school for months. But 1989 knew she was at home, she knew Midnights wasn’t leaving her room.

1989 was walking next to Midnights house, walking fast and not looking at it. Suddenly she heard glass shatter. At first, she thought she imagined, but then people came out to their windows to see what happened so she knew something really happened.

Midnights parents were never home because they were divorced with different families and always told Midnights she was a failure so they abandoned her in their old house, though she didn’t mind it that much as she got to do whatever she wanted.

1989 knew where Midnights spare key was so without a second thought she rushed into the house. She came in and saw Midnights lying unconscious on the floor, broken glass everywhere and cuts on her arm, most likely from the glass. 1989 dragged Midnights to the couch and called the ambulance. She put water next to her in case she would’ve woken up and cleaned the blood from her arm and as much as she could from her clothes. 

When the paramedics came, they loaded Midnights into the ambulance. “Can I come with?” 1989 asked, nervously shaking her leg. “Depends, what are you to her?” One of the paramedics asked and 1989 took a second to think. “Her girlfriend, I’m her girlfriend.” 1989 said, not even caring about if it’s true or not.

“Yes, you are allowed to come with us.” He gestured to the entrance with his hand. “Thank you” She got into the ambulance and took Midnights hand, keeping it close to her. Thoughts of how this could’ve happened ran through her head, sadly the first one that came to her was overdose, which was something that happened to Midnights before. She suddenly got mad, a little at Midnights, but also at herself. She could’ve been there for her, she could’ve saved her from this. She had the worst thoughts in her mind. She pulled out her phone and called Reputation. 

Reputation was making out with Lover when she got the phone call. At the beginning she hung up a few times until she thought that it might be urgent. She pulled back, making Lover pout. She picked up and 1989 started shouting. “MIDNIGHTS IS GOING TO THE HOSPITAL!!!” 1989 yelled so loudly Lover could hear her and the phone wasn’t on speaker. The two girls quickly got up and put on their shoes. They went into Reputation’s car and drove as fast as was allowed.

They got there to see 1989 pacing around the waiting area. “Where is she?! Is she okay?? What happened??” Reputation said nervously, though she was much less nervous then 1989 who probably lost all her nails by that time. “I-I don’t know she’s inside there but we’re not allowed to go in…” Just as she said that a doctor came out. “You’re here for Midnights? You can go see her but only one at a time” 1989 raced in, though when she went through the door she slowed down.

Midnights was completely asleep, 1989 stood beside her and took her hand, moving the hair from her face and looking at her lips and her pale face. The doctor came in and 1989 turned to him. “Do you know what happened?” The doctor nodded and took out some papers. “She was most likely overdosed, she’s lucky that you called us in time, you must be a great girlfriend.” Just then Midnights woke up, just a second before he said the word girlfriend. She decided to keep quiet until the doctor left. 1989 sat beside her again and took her hand again, she squeezed her hand, but then she got a squeeze back. She stood up and looked at Midnights who had her eyes barely open but with some kind of mixed smile.

“Girlfriend?” Midnights asked with a very raspy and broken voice which 1989 would be lying if she said it hadn’t turned her on. 1989 was really mad at Midnights. “Why did you do that?! Overdose? Really? Are you stupid?” Midnights stopped smiling. “I’m not your concern anymore, I can do whatever I want and you can’t stop me.” Midnights said very seriously. “You enjoy being in a hospital?” 1989 asked really angrily. “Leave me alone, that's what you wanted, didn’t you? You don’t want to care for me so don’t.” 1989 was even more pissed. “You can’t be talking right now. I was pushed to the ground, they were insulting me and all you did was smoke your fucking cigarettes! And even after all of that I still come here to make sure you’re not dead. I just thought, I just thought that maybe at some point you’ll care for me, I guess I was wrong.” She walked to the door but right before she left she turned around. “I should’ve left you there to die.”

I only read this once so there might be some mistakes but anyways I wrote this mid class while playing a game with my friend and studying for a test so yay