Run

Reputation went to her house, and cried. It was the first time she ever cried over something like this. She has been through so many worse things than this, she was actually cheated on before, but for some reason this actually hurt her.

She was sobbing until she heard a knock on the door, she wiped her tears away and opened the door. She saw Midnights and 1989 standing there, they looked sad. "Wh-Why are you here." Reputation said as cold as she was able to be without bursting out into tears again.

"We heard what happened with Lover, we're sorry.." 1989 said. She talked for both her and Midnights though Midnights didn't seem to pay attention that much. "It's fine" Reputation said, with her cold and stubborn voice back.

"We want to hear your side of this story, to understand it better." 1989 explained, while Midnights was trying to catch the smoke from her cigarettes. "There's nothing to explain, she made out with someone. She knew how I felt about her and she still did it." Reputation said, she didn't sound like she was crying anymore, now she was just mad.

"Maybe you should hear her side? It doesn't seem like something she would do.." 1989 said, which made Reputation very angry. "Are you serious right now?" Reputation asked, hoping she heard what 1989 said wrong. "Yes I mean, maybe you saw someone else and thought it was Lover." 1989 said, hoping Reputation would listen. "So you think I'm a liar? Seriously, you wanna believe that bitch more than me? And I thought you were my fucking friend. Both of you get out of my fucking house. You don't even deserve to be here." Reputation said, her voice sounded like she could burn the empire state.

"Wait Reputation please" 1989 begged. "Get the hell out" Reputation said and slammed the door in their faces. "Well that went well" 1989 said to Midnights who was now kissing her neck. "Not the time Mid-" "shhhh" Midnights cut off 1989 by kissing her lips now.

The next day Lover didn't show up to school. People whispered about the whole situation. Reputation overheard one that said that Lover ran away and that she'll never come back. For some reason, Reputation wasn't happy about those news, she felt bad, even though, in her opinion, she didn't do anything wrong. She kept walking around, everyone stared at her, but this time for a different reason than the first time. "Did she really cheat?" Some kid asked their friend. "I heard Reputation slapped Lover." Reputation heard more people making up rumors.

She saw 1989 in the corner of her eye, making out with midnights. She ignored them, she was still very mad at them. Reputation was alone, she didn't know what to do. She kept walking around the school until she stopped in front of folklore who was talking to some other person about something that sounded like something the oldest man alive would say. "Hey folklore" Reputation tapped on Folklore's shoulder. "I don't think I'm supposed to talk to you.." Folklore said, and Reputation just sighed. "That's fine just, do you know where your sister is??" Reputation asked while looking into Folklore's eyes, she was scared, Folklore was scared of Reputation, even though her sister was much scarier, she was still scared. "Yeah, she's in the woods, your little hiding spot." Folklore said, now sounding annoyed.

"Thanks." Reputation said as she started walking away. A few seconds later she went back to Folklore. "Wait, why aren't you allowed to talk to me?" Reputation asked, though it didn't sound that much like a question. "You slapped Lover." Folklore said softly, but Reputation could sense a bit of anger in her voice, which was new. "Hey do you maybe know where Lover ran away to?" Reputation was softer this time. "No but I could guess," Folklore stopped for a second before she continued. "I guess she ran away to her old house." Reputation looked around and then whispered. "Where's her old house?" She said. "Somewhere behind the woods you and Eve have your hiding spot is a lake, behind the lake there's a few houses, one of them is hers. Why do you need to know that?" Folklore asked after replying. "None of your business" Reputation sounded grumpy now as she walked away.

Reputation left the school early by bribing the principal with some money she had, and decided to go to Evermore. She walked through the woods until she got to a little spot full of ruins that she and Evermore found a little while back when they were hanging out. They put a mattress there and a couch for when Evermore would run away from home and sleep there, it had no roof and broken wall and more weird buildings all around it where they put a mini-fridge, small closet and a swing set. Reputation felt the need to show Folklore the place, she was really proud of it, but Evermore said Folklore would tell their parents about it, so Evermore just told Folklore they had a secret spot, never saying where it really was or what it looked like. Reputation walked through the ruins which made obstacles in her way. She walked for about a minute until she saw Evermore lying on the mattress with another girl, they weren't doing anything except holding hands. Reputation walked quietly towards them until she started recognizing the other girl that was on the mattress with Evermore, and that made Reputation's blood boil.

Though before Reputation could say anything or show herself in front of the two girl, Evermore saw a glimpse of Reputation hair, and she quickly pushed the other girl off the mattress, which made her basically invisible from where Reputation was standing.

Evermore got up and walked over to Reputation. "Aren't you at school?" Evermore asked. "Who was that?" Reputation asked too, completely ignoring Evermore's question and lying about the fact she didn't know who it was, because she did know who it was. While the girls talked the other girl took that time to get her bag and leave without telling anyone, so neither of the girls knew she was gone. "Which girl, what girl?" Evermore played dumb, and she was really bad at it. "Evermore you're so bad at lying, how do you run from the police without knowing how to lie?" Reputation chuckled at her comment. "Why are you here?" Evermore returned back to her question. "Did you not hear?" Reputation said, more serious now. "Hear what" Evermore said, this time it didn't sound like she was trying to play dumb, which made Reputation believe she was actually dumb. "Lover cheated on me" Reputation said, emotionless. "WHAT" Evermore yelled which made the birds from the trees all around them fly away from shock.

"SHUSH" Evermore got quiet pretty fast. She wasn't scared of Reputation but she understood what she did was pretty wrong. "Wait but you weren't together." Evermore said. "Yeah, well, I mean like, she knew how I felt about her, I kissed her a few times, and she still did that, I count it as at least playing with my feelings." Reputation saw Evermore agreeing with her explanation. "It doesn't explain why you're here." Evermore said, now sounding more serious too. "I need to go see Lover, she told everyone I slapped her, which I did not." Reputation replied while looking around at the tools and other stuff on the ground that could possibly help her. "Sounds like something you would do." Evermore mumbled and Reputation barely heard. "Huh" Reputation said, confused. "Nothingg" Evermore said very unseriously. "No, I seriously did not hear what you said." Reputation said. "Good, then we won't have any problems," Evermore said and smiled at her. "Where is Lover? You said you wanted to confront her but do you know where she is?" Evermore asked, going back to her serious self.

Reputation handed Evermore a piece of paper where she wrote the place Folklore told her. "You're sister told me where she is." Evermore took the paper in her hand and opened it. "That's not a place" Evermore said as she read the note which said 'the town with the horses'. "Just walk through the woods until we get to a lake, behind the lake, Lover." Evermore thought for a second. "Alright, fine. When do you want to leave?"

"Tomorrow morning, good for you?" Reputation replied as she picked up a bag that was on the floor. "Are we just gonna walk there?" Reputation continued. "Don't you have school tomorrow morning? And there's probably some kind of train to get there if you're so lazy." Reputation dropped the bag on the floor and turned to look at Evermore. "So lover seriously walked all the way there?" Reputation said. "Or maybe she took a train to get there, literally what I just said." Evermore asked, confused. "She's terrified of trains, she told me." Evermore thought for a second before saying. "Well, I don't know, maybe she was so sad she got over the fear." "Maybe" Reputation replied.

"Now answer my question, don't you have school tomorrow morning?" Evermore asked. "I'll skip, I don't really care." Reputation said while putting some snacks inside the bag. "You're so different from my sister.." Evermore said to herself. "Hey, do you think this bag is big enough?" Reputation said which made Evermore turn around with barely any reaction. "Big enough for what" Evermore asked. "I don't know, snacks, water, sweatshirts and other shit like that." Reputation replied and Evermore nodded.

I need to study but instead I wrote this thing! (I don't think it's good but it's important so yeah, also I'll try to post another one tomorrow but I'm not promising anything.) Who do you think the girl Evermore had on her bed was?