healing?

isa

its been around 4 days since we left.

who am i kidding. its been 4 years.

4 years without the love and comfort from Vince Decarlo. 4 years without the love of my life.

I dont know what I'm thinking. He's probably married and has a beautiful wife, 3 children and a dog running around their house right now.

I was right—well at least half right.

-

vince

it's been 4 years since Isa left. Everyday was sorrow and I dreaded the next day that would come by. Everything reminded me of her. The wall I pushed her against, the fun moments we had when we secretly hung out. I've been healing, in a different way.

I have a girlfriend now. A girlfriend of 2 years. I met her at a cafe since she was a barista there. Something about her made my heart spark again. Her aura reminded me so much of Isa.

The laughs she made when I cracked a joke, or the way she smiled when I stared at her. Something pulled me to her, like it was true love. I'm happy I met her, because if it wasn't for Aria, I would be 6 feet under and my cause of death would be a broken heart.

My feelings crashed with each other as I received an email from Ian on a Saturday night. He was getting married. His fiance was Ella, one of Isa's best friends. Fuck it, what could go wrong if I go? I mean—Ian and I have been friends for the past 4 years since he left, and Isa.. um. Isa was nice.

-

isa

It's the day of Ian's marriage and I can't lie, I'm so nervous to even go out. It's been a while since I dressed up.

"Ian who are the special guests?" I ask, looking at the tablet that Ian bought JUST for his wedding planning.

"Dr. Trin, Mr. Decarlo, Mrs. Ophelia, and some others on the main guests list." Ian said, tidying up his suit while his foot twitched nervously.

"Got it. So Dr. Trin.. Mr. Decarlo.. wait. DECARLO?" I yelp out in surprise.

"Yes Isa. Vince Decarlo is coming to the wedding. How could I not invite my best friend?" Ian says casually as if he forgot how I dreaded even waking up since I left Vince.

"Ian. Did you forget what happened between me and Vince?" I asked, geniunely confused if Ian is slow or mentally old age. I might have had a boyfriend or two after me and Vince's little.. talking stage. But really? Right after I was healing (with Joseph, my co-worker), Vince has to skedaddle right back into my life?

"Trust me Isa. You'll be okay. Plus, I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend now. And see you're happy with Joseph right?" Ian continues on, "I thought it was an okay time for you guys to meet again."

I've gotten my answer. Ian is slow. Very slow. So slow it pains me that he forgets how hard it was trying to forget Vince.