CHAPTER 11: Angel Grace

•Pablo and Rain•

PABLO'S POV

I'm following Rain as I make my way into the strip club. I had to stay behind her, she urged. I would have insisted on walking in front of her so I could protect her if it weren't for what she had done to me earlier. I can see she's strong and courageous enough to protect us both, but I also need to be on guard.

She provided me with a handgun that contains special angel-killing bullets, along with a gold-plated metal blade with a black handle that extended the length of my arm and has a spirally twisted blade. I hid the dagger up in my sleeve and the revolver on my waist, as she had instructed, until I needed them.

I'm still wondering whatever Rain is but one thing I know is for sure, she's not just an ordinary serving girl.

The fallen angels stopped whatever they had been doing when they realized we were there. Rain is clearly the subject of their attention, not me. Rain does not seem to be disturbed by this. She simply advances toward someone in front of her. I therefore trail behind her.

As I follow Rain, I'm preoccupied with my surroundings, which is why I ran into her when she halted abruptly. She is looking directly at someone who is absolutely stunning. He has the appearance of a model right out of a magazine.

Before uttering a word, he grinned at us. "What am I owed for this pleasure?"

Rain said, "I need your Garnet ring, Azazel."

"For what? To get out of this hellhole? Athena won't let you get away," he mocked.

Athena? She was therefore aware of everything going on around her. Where is she, though?

Rain confidently said, "If I were you, Azazel, I wouldn't give a damn about that b*tch; concentrate on your own safety."

He then smirked, "Raziel, is this how your father taught you manners? You're the one who needs something, and here you are being rude as fuck."

Raziel? Is he referring to Rain?

Rain yelled, "Don't bring my father into this!"

Azazel stepped up and responded, "If I were you, I would run away and cry to daddy."

"Make me." Is all she said.

Suddenly, all the lights became brighter and flickered inside this club. I focused myself on Rain to see what the next move was, and what I saw defied my expectations. Extending from Rain's back are approximately 16-foot shimmering white and gold-colored angelic wings that expand slowly as if sending a mesmerizing beam of light. I prevented my urge to touch it.

The fallen angels attempted to attack us right away. Rain touched my shoulder while facing me. She flapped her wings, but they moved so quickly that I mistakenly believed we had teleported to a corner of the strip club so she could shield me behind her and take them out one at a time.

The fallen angels' entire faces glow and flicker like an open line of electricity through their eye sockets and mouths before their bodies drop dead, as Rain slashed them left and right with her twin sword. When I shot them, the same thing happened. When anyone attempts to attack Rain from behind, I shoot them, and every shot I make is successful.

Rain yelled at Azazel once more, "Give me the ring or I'll take it from your cold dead hands!" He's the only one remained.

"Over my dead body, Raziel!" Azazel yelled.

Azazel teleported and then appeared behind me with a knife in his left hand aimed at my heart and his right hand grasping my neck.

"One more move, and I'll destroy him."

Rain appeared to relax, but her gaze remained fixed on Azazel's eyes.
I'm a little bit terrified, but I trust Rain so completely that I'm shocked I can remain calm despite this scenario.

"Don't hurt him or you'll regret it." We made eye contact, and all I can make out is a sense of trust and confidence.

Azazel isn't a good listener though.

I can feel the sword slowly piercing my heart. I was so startled that I couldn't even speak; I was simply gasping for oxygen. I suddenly find it difficult to breathe. My vital organs are dying as a result of the lack of oxygen in my body, so I knelt down. My body's wound from Azazel is filled with blood. As I watch Rain and Azazel duel to the death, I'm lying on the ground.

I saw Rain drive the sword through Azazel's head to deliver the killing blow. His body began to flicker and go limp, signifying his death. Although I'm happy, I believe I'm acting the same.
Immediately after teleporting to me, Rain knelt down next to me, placed her hands on my cheeks, and leaned in closer.

I can at least get one last kiss before I pass away, right? Wrong.

We are almost about to kiss when Rain twitches her mouth open. My body was filled with a blue-glowing haze that came from her mouth.

I believe my injuries are healing inside. When it's over, I see myself glowing with a faint blue undertone, and I feel brand new.

I reached out and touched the wound, "Woah! What just happened?" There isn't any.

"I gave you a tiny bit of my essence." Rain answered.

"Essence?" I blinked, perplexed.

"I healed you with my angel grace." she said. I just nodded.

Both of us got up.

She was shocked, but it's okay because I don't know what came to me, but I needed to give her a hug right now.

Rain's hold on me becomes tighter as well.

"Thank you so much for saving me." I whispered in her ear.

Weakly, I heard her mutter, "You're welcome." I gazed at her face. Her baby hair is stuck on her forehead and I find it cute, honestly.

"So, an angel, huh?" I raised my eyebrows at her playfully as we both chuckled.

She separated from me so she could take off the ring from Azazel's finger.

"I have a question before we leave." I said.

"Sure." Rain answered as she pocketed the Garnet ring.

"Lucifer, where is he?" I enquired with curiosity.

"He is imprisoned in hell's cage."

---To Be Continued---