CHAPTER 14: THE MISSING PIECE

JUSTIN’S POV

"Give me your rings.” Demi said as the guardians finished carving a huge sigil in the middle of the room. We guys decided to call them “The Guardians” since they’re here to help and protect us. Immediately, I saw Franz, Rain, Stell, Ken, and Josh pull out the rings from their pockets and give them to Demi.

I observed their sigil. Inside the huge circle is a star, and inside the star, there’s a pentagon. On the five corners of the star, there are medium-sized circles, each containing a unique symbol of a wolf, mermaid, fae, angel, and Demi's tattoo. There’s a smaller circle inside, just on the front of the medium-sized circle, where it fits the size of the rings in which Demi placed them. Hmm. The lines are straight for people using just knives. Impressive.

Demi said, "Everyone, get inside the circle. Sb19 members, you stand on the corners of the star; the rest, you stand on your symbol.” We did what she said. The guardians are in between each SB19 members. Stell is next to Demi, who is next to Ken. Following him are Rain, Pablo, Jax, Josh, Franz, me, and Mary.

She joined her hands together with her thumbs crossed and only her index and middle fingers straight, saying, "SB19, follow this hand symbol." We quickly mimicked what she did.

The five guardians began to pray simultaneously. Their eyes glow white as they recite the ritual. The wind is blowing hard inside the room and the power we feel is undeniably powerful.

De vi terrae, venti, aquae, et ignis
Virtutes voco anulorum
Aperi ianuam ex hoc mundo et nos incolumes et incolumes domum revertentes

The books are scattered around the space, and the strong wind is tearing the pages to pieces. Except for us inside the circle, the room seems spinning due to the power's intensity. The boys and I are carefully glancing at one another.
We may or may not be able to make it.

The intensity of the power cut off abruptly which surprised all of us. It’s similar to unplugging an electrical item. The guardians also stopped chanting and I saw their eyes go back to normal.

“What happened?” I asked at once.
Demi almost passed out due to exhaustion but Ken immediately caught her. He sat her down as she regained her strength back.

“There’s still one more thing missing.” Mary pointed out disappointingly.

“What is?” Stell asked.

"We're still missing one ring. Lilith's particular ring is formed of diamonds from carbon extracted from human bones, created in the sweltering burning pits of hell.” Rain answered.

“I know I’m not the only one confused here. Care to elaborate?” I butted in. The guys all nodded.

“The ring we’re looking for doesn’t fit a finger but a head. And I think I know where it is.” Demi answered.

“Where is it then?” asked Ken.

The guardians all looked up to the painting on the wall. A woman wearing a gorgeous black gown with a diamond crown sitting on her head.

Athena.

---To Be Continued---