CHAPTER 15: The 7 Princes of Hell

Disclaimer: Do not read the Latin phrases out loud in the end because it is the last part of a real exorcism prayer. Thank you and enjoy!

KEN’S POV

As we go out of the mansion, I notice that everyone is silent. No one dared to talk, not even the guardians. Demi looks visibly exhausted and somewhat disappointed. She hates herself for missing a crucial piece of this ritual.

It is now four in the morning. There are hardly two hours left. Demi is confident that Athena has been around there during this entire time, so we are moving to the black forests.

The forest seems unsettling. All that can be heard are the random rustling of the trees and the sounds of the birds. I could make out a bonfire's glow in the distance. That indicates the location of Athena.

“Be prepared once we get there. I can sense that Athena isn’t alone.” Rain warned everyone and we all nodded for confirmation.

I have actually been nervous this whole time. I know we’re gearing up for a final fight to the death. To defend ourselves, we brought shotguns and knives, and Justin is carrying a bow and arrow that belonged to Franz.

As we get closer to the bonfire, I notice a group of people in hooded cloaks gathered around the woman at the center, apparently performing some sort of ritual. While watching what the hell is going on in the middle of this jungle, we crouch down.

“She’s trying to free The Seven Princes of Hell.” Rain stated.

Stell said, "The Seven Princes of Hell? That doesn't sound good."

Demi said, "It's not. Once released here, they are able to enter the real world and cause turmoil and devastation. It will be the end of the world." which I understood to mean.
I'm now anxious. For our own world as well as for our protection.

“We need to stop Athena now!” Rain said out of the blue as she spread her wings, which caused everyone to gasp and stare in awe at how stunning it is. She immediately took off, landing in the middle of the forest, facing Athena, and destroying the door that was intended to be The Princes of Hell's exit from their cages. The conflict between us and the demons began as a result.

I observed Franz in control of the earth as she opened a gap in the ground beneath a bunch of demons, causing them to drop inside, and then sealed it. Some demons are being torn apart while they are bound to her vines.

Jax has transformed into a gorgeous werewolf who slays every demon he encounters with his teeth and claws. From the shadows, a couple of werewolves can be spotted coming to aid Jax in annihilating the demons.

Mary, on the other hand, is utilizing her siren telekinesis and her fighting talents to exterminate demons near us. She created a blade made from water but sharp as a metal. She also snuffed out all the flames used for their ritual to block the opening of the entrance to the depths of hell.

The boys and I, together with Demi, went to the middle of the forest to assist our companions. The five of us formed a circle with our backs towards each other while we shot from all angles we could see. Demi ran ahead to Athena, as Rain was battling with the fallen angels that joined the fight in the midst of flight.

I observed Demi and Athena dueling with swords in the distance. I was nearly cut by a demon behind my back because I was preoccupied with watching them battle, but Justin struck the demon with his blazing arrow. I nodded to him as a Thank you, and he smiled. I observed Josh cradling his hurt shoulder after a demon had stabbed him, but Stell shot the demon just in time to save Josh. Surprising everyone, Pablo ran to Josh and healed his shoulder. Wait, when did Pablo get the ability to heal?

I turned to look at Demi and Athena once again. Demi was struggling as Athena was using her telekinetic power to strangle her. I came running with my shotgun, but Rain came out of nowhere to hand me one of her swords.

“This is more effective in killing the demon inside Athena.” She immediately took off as soon as I accepted to resume her mid-flight battle with another angel.

I restricted Athena from behind by hugging her tightly, and I watched Demi stand up as she regained her strength. I threw the sword I got from Rain at her, and she caught it effortlessly. Demi stabbed Athena to deliver a fatal blow to the demon inside her, ending the fight. Athena’s body was flickering like a broken light bulb when she and Demi looked at each other face-to-face. Franz immediately appeared beside me to heal Athena from her wounds.

When we killed the demons, they were spewing black smoke from their corpses, but Demi was ahead of the game by creating a gateway that sent the demons back to hell. She is positioned on the entry point of a portal where smoke is being drawn in. She continued even though her hands were on fire and her nose was bleeding.

I looked back at Athena, she was lying on the floor close to Franz and was unresponsive. Has the battle ended? Dead bodies are scattered over the forest floor as Demi continues to chant Latin syllables.

Terribilis Deus de sanctuario suo.
Deus Israhel ipse truderit virtutem
et fortitudinem plebi Suae.
Benedictus deus. Gloria patri.

Finally, with all the black smoke trapped inside, the doorway has closed. The ashes from the dead bodies were transported by the wind. A somewhat older angel than Rain who I've seen helped her in the previous battle descended from the sky with her to join us.

Athena, who was still unconscious, was surrounded by everyone. I'm not sure how I would feel after seeing her now. She is to blame for the initial events that led to this. Yes, I am outraged, but I am also aware that everyone wants the truth and an explanation.

---To Be Continued---