CHAPTER 16: The Mystical Portal

STELL'S POV

When Athena opened her eyes, she wasn't sure where she was.

"Guys? Where am I?" She enquired bewilderedly.

"Athena, did you know what happened today?" asked Demi.

"No. I was in my room when I heard a female voice around me. I believed I was losing my mind. Then, in my dream, I saw my grandmother. You guys know how much I adored her, and I was so glad to see her even in my dreams." she said.

No one dared stop Athena as she remembers her memory before this incident, and we all nodded.

Then, Athena continued, "in my dream, my grandmother asked me a peculiar question: "Will you let me in your body? " She added, "Athena, if you let me enter your body, I will be with you forever. So I said yes."

"She was possessed by Lilith. The first female demon." The random guy standing beside Rain said.

"Uhmm. I think its rude to ask but, who are you, Sir?" I asked. Everyone is wondering the same thing.

"Oh. Sorry, I'm Gabriel. Raziel's, or as you know her, Rain's father." Gabriel explained.

"Wait, Gabriel? As in Archangel Gabriel??" Pablo asked in shock. We all looked at the Archangel at the same time. I can't believe they really existed. We are all flabbergasted.

"Uh, yeah. That's the one." He confirmed.

"Uh, can I ask why I have healing powers? I healed my friend earlier and I don't know how I did it but I did." Pablo asked the archangel.

Gabriel retorted, "Well, I think Rain here transmitted part of her Grace to you when she healed you earlier. Keep it and nurture it."

I'm still in awe: "Is Pablo now a special angel? That is unfair. I want to be an angel too." Ooops. I said that out loud. Everyone, even Gabriel, laughed at this.

He turned to face his daughter and bade her farewell. And just before he flew off, he wished us luck. Now, our attention is back to Athena.

"I'm really sorry guys. I didn't know what happened." She said.

"It's okay Athena. We understand that it was not your fault. Now let's all go home." Justin assured her. We all nodded in agreement.

Franz engraved the emblem that had previously been in Athena's office to the ground using her vines. Demi positioned the rings correctly and Lilith's crown in the center. As Demi placed the crown, I noticed a portal opening not too distant from us. I wonder what that is for. Black and gold swirls may be seen inside the gateway. Odd, indeed.

Athena was positioned between Demi and Ken as we all took our positions in the office. Before we began teaching her the hand symbol, Athena recalled something. Yet another important detail.

"Wait. My memories are coming back. In order for this ritual to work, it requires a human sacrifice." She said, and I feel like our world is collapsing.

---To Be Continued---