Movies and a dog

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes because I forgot to shut the blind. My eyes opened slowly to see if Louis was still there or not.

He wasn't.

Maybe he was cooking breakfast? Maybe he had gone out for coffee? The possibilities were endless.

I lifted the blankets off of myself, swung my feet onto the cold hardwood floor. I first shut the blind. The light was horrible. Then I trudged to the kitchen. Louis wasn't there but a pink sticky note was on the fridge.

'Dear Karmantha,

I'm sorry that I had to leave and you woke up alone. Eleanor called and asked where I was an hour after you were asleep. I told her I was telling people the news and she giggled, telling me okay but she wanted to have me home. I don't know why I went into detail about that but I felt like I should.

Anyways I made sure you were asleep before I left. I couldn't say I had to go to your awake self. By the way did you know that you talk in your sleep? It's from drinking tea before bed when I used to stay over late at your place.

I'll call you tomorrow.

THE BEST PERSON IN THE WORLD,

Louis. :) '

I didn't know whether to smile that he wrote a note or rip it up since he had to leave because of Eleanor. Mixed emotions about this suck.

I sighed, tossed it aside. I grabbed the juice carton out of the fridge, drinking straight from the white carton. No one else lives here but me so why not?

After chugging the orange juice, I popped two pieces of bread in the toaster, and took out some Nutella.

I waited for the toast as I pulled out my phone from my pocket in the pants.

I had one missed call from Louis.

I called him back while putting Nutella on the toasted bread.

It rang three times then he answered.

"Hello?" He yawned.

"Did I wake you up?" I whispered even though I didn't mean to.

"No," he whispered back causing me to break out laughing, "I was just yawning. How are you this morning?" He kept whispering.

I held in a laughter, whispering back, "Better. I just wish you would have stayed with me."

He sighed and I felt like he ran a hand through his hair, "Im sorry Karmantha. I had to come back to my flat."

I sighed too, sitting at the dining room table, alone like usual. I needed a roommate or something. I needed a dog.

"Karmantha would you like to go to a movie with me today?" Louis asked.

I smiled, "Yeah. Can we stop at the pet store on the way back?" I got up from the table, heading to my room.

"Sure. Why?"

"I'm getting a dog." I pulled a pair of skinny jeans and an old sweatshirt.

"A what? Why?"

"A dog because Im lonely." I took of my tank top, replacing it with the sweatshirt.

"You're not lonely. You just need a really great guy that'll love you." My first thought is, it's you Louis!

"Louis. I'm not desperate." I slid off my yoga pants, squirming into the jeans.

"I know but a boyfriend would be good for you. You haven't had one for about two years now?"

I rolled my eyes while sticking my phone between my ear and sweatshirt, and pulling my dirty blonde hair into a messy bun on the top of my head, "We shall never speak of Jason. He is a dirty lying bastard that needs to get himself checked."