Double date and the truth

It's been two weeks since Derek left and he comes back today. Louis goes back to touring tomorrow, he didn't stay two weeks he went back for a week then came back again, so tonight were going on a double date that Louis said we'd go on. Yay! Not.

I thought about how it would go as I laid in bed with Spot sleeping soundly at my side. He let out a huge sigh and I held in my laughter. He was making it seem like he was over dramatic.

"Karmantha!" Someone at my door shouted. I jumped out of bed, opening my bedroom door.

Lisa stood there, her hot pink hair in curls, and she was wearing skinny jeans, black heels, and a white sweater on.

"Hi." She smiled.

"What? How?" I looked at her dumbfounded.

"Louis." That simple name made my heart flutter a bit.

"You met him?" I heard Spots toes click on the hardwood floor and then he plopped himself on the couch.

She nodded, "I walked over after he left the other day and met him. He told me that there's a spare key under the mate if I ever needed it."

I shook my head. Of course he would tell her! I remember when I told him about the key. He had looked at me mischievously and said that he could break in now. I had laughed and told him that I wouldn't have it any other way.

"So what are you doing here?" I took a seat next to Spot and sat criss-cross.

"It's noon and you're still in bed." She took a seat next to me.

"Well I have a double date tonight that's why.." I mumbled under my breathe.

"Derek and Louis?"

I nodded, "And his fiancée, Eleanor."

"Ah. So Derek came back then."

"In about an hour to be exact."

"Karm why didn't you tell Louis before his girlfriend came along?" Lisa moved a curl from her back to her shoulders.

I sighed, pulling my knees up to my chest, "I don't know."

She laid her hand on my shoulder, I noticed she had an orange ring on, "Remember there is always time."

I nodded, "So what are you doing today?"

"Work really soon." She smiled. "Where do you work?"

"I work at the local cafe." I sighed. It wasn't an extravagant job but it paid the bills.

"You work at a cafe and own an amazing apartment?" Lisa's jaw dropped.

I sighed. Truthfully Louis paid for my apartment while I searched for a better job but it won't last for long.

"Karm?"

"Yes?"

"Does Louis pay for the apartment?"

I nodded and laid my head down on my knees, my head turned to the wall. I couldn't face Lisa.

"Karm it's okay. I can help you get a great job and then you can pay for the apartment yourself." She reassured me.

I nodded and smiled weakly at her.

"Well I have to get going. Time to go make some music! Goodbye love!" She stood up and waved to me.

I waved back and watched as she walked out. I sat there for a little while and listened to the various noises in the apartment. The dishwasher, washer and dryer, a creak every once and a while. I sat and listened, I did something for me to stop thinking about everything.