Ten Years Later...

Are fairy tale endings a thing? Do you get to ride off into the sunset with your Prince Charming? Or does the witch win and you stay hidden away with a broken heart forever?

For me, it was both. The day Louis decided not to get married was my fairy tale ending. The day we broke up was when the witch won. 

The witch you may ask? The people who were against us since the beginning. 

The first few years of our relationship was like living in a fictional world you never wanted to leave. Louis loved me with all his heart and gave me everything I could have possibly asked for. I loved him with all my heart and would have done anything for him. We worked so well together because we had known each other for so long. 

It only worked for three years until our fictional world came crashing down. There were fights after fights about stupid little things. We just could never make each happy. I never felt like I could do anything right with him. 

One day while touring, Louis called and asked me if I wanted to go on a break. It came as a complete shock to me, but also it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. We talked about our break and then about two months later I met a man named Kyle and we hit it off instantly. 

I felt the need to call and tell Louis about it because after all he is my best friend. He said that he, too, had found a new girl. He seemed happy, and I was becoming happier by the minute. Louis and I had just worked better as best friends than as lovers and I was completely okay with it. 

About two year after Kyle and I had started dating, he proposed and I said yes. Kyle had stated that he asked both my parents and Louis for permission to marry me. I teared up when he told me this because he knew about Louis' and my past relationship, but he knew that now we were just friends. 

Louis later admitted that he threaten to kill Kyle if he broke my heart which made me laugh so hard I cried. I knew that Louis would always be there for me.  

I planned my wedding with Louis as my Dude of Honor and Lisa as my bridesmaid along with Louis' then girlfriend-now-wife, Lo because we had grown close despite everything. It was a nice small affair and everything was perfect. 

Everything still is perfect. I have a husband, and we have two children. Louis is married and has three children. We're still the best of friends, never letting our past romantic relationship get in the way. Our families are constantly together. One Direction has retired, for now, but who really knows what these boys will ever do. 

I did get my fairy tale ending after all of this. It wasn't the way I planned it, but I wouldn't have changed it. 

I did love Louis first and always will.