Wake up calls, battles, and dates

I woke up the next morning to a buzzing and Spot barking.

"Spot!" I shouted over his small barks. "Shh."

He quieted down a little, growling while he ran into my room.

I picked up my phone, answering it, "Hello."

"Hey Karm!" Louis said cheerfully. "This is a wakeup call!"

"I didn't order one though." I walked into the kitchen, pouring Spot some food and filling his bowl full of water. He ran into the kitchen, clicking his toes on the linoleum floor. He then ate some food and spilled half the water on the floor and the other half in his mouth. I giggled at him as he walked back into the living room, settling on the couch.

"Well I'm giving you one!" He answered. "And get dressed because I'm taking you to get new clothes."

"Why?" I asked over a mouthful of dry Cheerios.

"Because you have a date tonight."

"With who?"

"A very nice guy."

"Louis."

"Karmantha."

I sighed, my battle could not be fought. Instead I poured milk into my bowl and let a spoon sink deep into the bowl.

"Alright be ready in twenty."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye." Louis hung up.

"Spot!" I called, sitting down at the table.

Spots ears perked up, he came running for me. He set his paws on my leg, standing on his hind legs.

"Louis is setting me up on a date." I told him, eating my Cheerios. "If you could talk then you should tell him I don't want anyone but him alright?" Spot barked at me in reply.

I laughed, setting my bowl in the sink. I walked into my room, grabbing a pair of sweatpants that came to my knees and a long sweater. I slid on some moccasins and brushed my dirty blonde hair out but but it back into a bun but a sock bun this time.

"Want to take a walk real quick?" I asked the little dog, running in circles with excitement.

I grabbed his blue leash, hooking it onto his collar. I slid my phone into my pocket then headed out the door.

We walked past an old couple unlocking their apartment an Spot greeted them with a tail wag or more of a numb wag. He didn't have much of a tail. We walked around the complex once, stopping at every tree. Then we headed back to my place.

I opened the door to Louis eating my box of cereal on the couch.

"Where were you?" He set down the box of cereal and stood up. "I said Id be here in twenty."

"I was takin my dog for a walk. He stops at every tree." I unhooked Spot and he ran toward Louis, scratching at his leg to pet him.

"Oh. Well we've got to get going. Your dates in," he looked down at his phone, "Four hours."

"Louis that's four o'clock." I picked up the cereal box and set it back in the pantry.

"I know. Lets go." He wrapped his arm around mine and pulled me out of my apartment.

"Bye Spot!" He shouted then closed the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Louis opened the door for me.

"Mall." He answered, starting up the car, speeding away as if we had to rush.

"I have clothes." I turned up the radio, Stay by Rihanna was playing.