Everybody likes to leave, I guess

It's been a week since my date with Derek, though I see him everyday. A week since I've seen Louis.

I woke up the next morning after the date and Louis was still sleeping on the couch. I nudged him awake that day and he asked what time it was. I had told him the time and he kept mumbling shit under his breathe and ran out the door. I haven't seen him since.

I suspect that he had to get home to Eleanor. Maybe she had asked him to come home and he had forgotten and fell asleep. Who knows?

Spot jumped on my bed, licking my face and helped me get out of my thoughts. I laughed and pet him. He's such a good dog.

"Food?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes. I had been up an hour but just haven't felt the need to get out of bed.

Spot wagged him numb and ran into the kitchen where his bowl was. I followed behind him and entered the kitchen. I poured water and the dog food into his silver dishes which he excitedly ate.

I yawned, scratching my head. I grabbed a banana from the wire rack, peeling it and stuffed it into my mouth.

The doorbell rang, no one really used it so I threw my banana away, checking my reflection. I looked like a wreck but I didn't care, it's like eight o'clock on a Saturday.

Through the glass I saw two people standing at the door. I opened it to my parents.

"Mom? Dad?" I invited them in.

"Hey Karmantha." They smiled and sat on the couch, hand in hand. After twenty five years they still had the same love as from when they first met. I want love like that.

"What's up? You're never at my apartment uninvited." I sat in the love seat across from them.

"We have news." My mom but her lips.

Please don't get a divorce, I thought, I love you guys too much.

"What is it?" I was on the edge of my seat. I was so nervous.

"We're moving back to Boston." My dad said.

I let out a sigh of relief. But then reevaluated what they just said.

Moving. Back. To. Boston. Away from me in the U.K.

"What? Why?"

"Because when we first moved here it was because of your fathers work," my mom said, "Now they have moved him back to Boston since he's got another ten years until retirement. It's just easier."

I sat in the love seat completely surprised. Even after she explained it, I was shocked.

"Honey are you okay?" My dad asked while I noticed his dirty blonde hair that I inherited was beginning to turn silver and a little wrinkle above his eyebrow formed. I had never noticed his aging until now.

"Um yeah." I lied.

"Alright. Well we leave in a month. We just thought we'd tell you Karm." My mom smiled.

A month? That quick?

"Thanks for telling me." I smiled weakly.

They nodded, standing up, "Well we've got to go. See you soon sweetie." Each of them kissing my forehead.

I waved them goodbye, shutting the door after them. Still in shock, I sat on the couch with Spot.

Ten minutes later someone else knocked on the door. I groaned and opened the door to Derek.

"Hey." He pulled a bouquet of roses out from behind his back.

I smiled at him, taking the roses, "Hey."