Chicken soup and a song please?

It's been two weeks since my birthday. Louis comes home today. He asked me to pick him up at the airport because Eleanor was out of town. I said yes when he asked me a week ago. Now since today is the day. I'm sick. Lovely.

Sick or not I was going. So when noon rolled around I was standing in the middle of a crowd of fans waiting for Louis. I looked so out of place in skinny jeans and an oversized black sweater; every fan was wearing a One Direction shirt and was piled at the exit of the plane.

I tapped away at my phone, playing Temple Run, when everyone began to scream.

"LIAM I LOVE YOU!"

"ZAYN! CAN I GET A PICTURE!"

"NIALL! NIALL! NIALL!"

"HARRY! OH MY GOSH!"

Then I heard everyone scream, "LOUIS!"

My heart stopped as I turned around and saw him. He had a little scruff on his chin, a new haircut that was peaking out from underneath his beanie, and he was wearing his pajamas.

He saw me and smiled, walking quickly toward me. He opened his arms as he came closer; I met him halfway giving him a crushing hug.

I wanted to say so much right then but I didn't. I wanted to kiss him deeply but I couldn't. All I could do is hug him.

"Hey Karm." He smiled as we broke our hug apart.

"Hey Lou." I coughed.

"You sick?" He asked, feeling my forehead.

"A little." My throat became scratchy.

"C'mon let's get you back to your flat." He put his hand at the small of my back, guiding me out of the crowded airport. I showed him where I had parked my car and he insisted on driving. I let him, curling up in a ball in the passenger seat.

When we arrived back at my apartment, Louis grabbed my blankets, instructing me to lay on the couch.

"Need anything?" He asked as his blue eyes softened.

"Can I get some chicken soup?"

He nodded and headed into my kitchen, searching for the soup. He finally found it, putting it into a pan and warming it. He came back about ten minutes later with a bowl and a spoon.

He handed them both to me. I sat and ate the soup as he flipped through the channels.

"Wow," he said, "There really is nothing on."

"We could watch a movie?" I suggested putting my bowl aside.

"Sure." He got up and searched for a movie. He found Toy Story and stuck it into the DVD player. Then he sat down next to me. I decided to curl up next to him, laying my head in his lap. Oddly, like with our movie with the boys, he laid his arm on my back. I began to feel better already.

*~*

I fell asleep during the beginning of the movie and woke up towards the end when Buzz and Woody fly in the air. I looked up at Louis who was watching me.

A smile formed on his face, "Sleepyhead. You missed the whole movie."

I smiled back, "Im sick. I have an excuse."

He laughed and looked up at the screen. I laid down, still watching him as he watched the movie.

"Louis?" I said.

"Yes?"

"Can you sing me a song?"

He smiled, "Of course. Pick one."

"Loved you first." He nodded and began singing.

"Girl, it should be me

Driving to your house

Knocking on your door

Kissing you on the mouth

Holding on your hand

Dancing in the dark

'Cause I was the only one who loved you from the start

But now when I see you with him it

Tears my world apart," his angelic voice filled my apartment. I listened to him basically sing all my feelings and he didn't know it.

When he finished he looked down at me and smiled. I smiled back but it was ruined by a cough.

He laughed and said, "Now would you like some medicine."

I nodded and Louis moved my head, getting up while walking to the medicine cabinet. He came back with cough syrup in a small cup and made me drink the bubble gum pink liquid.

I scrunched my nose as I drank the last of it. "I thought it was suppose to taste good."

He laughed as I handed him the cup, "It was. I guess."

I shook my head as he walked away then came back with popcorn.

"Are you trying to eat me out of my apartment?" I asked jokingly.

"Trying. And succeeding." He answered back putting in Finding Nemo.

"Another movie?" I laid my head on his lap again.

"Of course." He smiled down at me, covering me with a blanket.