Everything Has Changed

You had no idea what happened between Farah and Rosalind after you realm-hopped so once you drove all the way across California, though the portal Farah showed you, then to Alfea, you didn't even park the car in a spot. You threw the gearshift into 'P', unbuckled, and practically flew out the door. Moiraine was hot on your heels, best as she could be. Her coordination was still off with modernities which she didn't understand. You had been acting strangely since passing through the portal, but Moiraine suspected it was from your nostalgia in your school. The truth was darker: You heard many disturbing things from the students, but you hadn't heard Farah. Still, instinct drove you through the canteen and up the steps. It felt like the secrets of the past were being whispered in your mind.  

Rosalind as Headmistress? The insane training? It sounded like the youth Farah had described, but there had been no recent Burned One attacks. Even Bloom didn't see the point to school wide, mandatory training. 

Still, you wanted to see for yourself. You couldn't hear either Headmistress, but you did feel an angry presence behind the door. It was pure darkness and that gave you pause. You had no idea what had happened in your time away; who knew what could've but would anything drive Farah to feel so hateful? No; you knew Farah and you felt that dark was familiar. It made you want to flee. Perhaps it was why you had before. You felt almost ill from her. You tried to turn and return to the stairs, but the doors swung open and a blonde with shorter hair than you remembered turned the corner. 

Rosalind looked just as severe as you remembered, but you weren't half as scared as before. A slow smile stretched the face aglow with white eyes. You didn't see Farah or her magic there, just malice. "Oh... you're back." She didn't wear her military garb, but now a power suit. You didn't like it. One side of Rosalind's mouth quirked mischievously. "Well, I am sorry." You felt the sarcasm. The Headmistress stepped closer; you matched the distance in confusion. Her head tipped back and she laughed wickedly. "Oh, little mouse, don't be afraid. Give an old cat a chance." Her eyes flashed again. 

You frowned. "I'm not frightened. I simply know better than to trust you," you corrected. You felt a migraine creeping under the guise of pressure. Your own eyes glowed in defiance, your fingers raising to your forehead. 

The blonde mockingly 'tsk'd. "Farah Dowling propaganda." The singsong voice was also demeaning. 

Almost all at once, the pressure exploded and you blacked out. 

Moiraine, used to sticking to shadows, had failed to reach the top floor and watched the takedown from a safe enough distance to retreat. She watched where you were dragged to and tried to come up with a plan. 

*

When you came back around, it looked like you were underground. The stone chilled you, but you were pretty sure it was the warm season in Solaria. A wall of bars stood uselessly a few meters away from you, tied to a table or odd chair. You looked around and found the blonde with sitting next to a desk. "Is this your version of a good time?" you rasped out tiredly, pulling weakly at your bonds. 

Rosalind laughed. "No, girl. My idea of a good time is dissecting your body and mind, discovering your tics and your odd magic." With that chilling idea, the military woman leaned forward. "You could save me quite a bit of effort if you share voluntarily." The psychotic woman smiled like she truly believed that would change your mind. 

You never broke eye contact, sarcastically remarking, "Well, I'm certainly not tick-infested." Then, you gave her your own smile, a wicked thing even in your weakened state. 

The more wicked of you two lost her faux grin and a familiar silver light set her gaze aglow. Your own unknowingly matched the sinister fairy's magic color, causing you to wince. You could feel the woman's callous prodding and your own magic tried to shine over the white. But Rosalind was too strong. You could even feel she wasn't putting all of her effort into this magic. Still, your mind put up a minimal resistance. A cramping pain almost squeezed your brain in an almost physical sensation. Farah said mental exploration didn't hurt!