Secrets Unnumbered

A/N: For Lailux2006, for that kick in the butt. 

Everything felt like a mystery. Bloom was paranoid, Beatrix was a tortured murderer. A secret princess was hiding in her old rooms, secretly judging her ignorant Suite-mates, and the Queen's consciousness was projected into the castle and she was subtly interrogating Farah on her every secret. It wasn't so different from the loop, only it was just Alma who had evaded truth for their protection. But Sky, Farah's nephew technically, was feeling some guilt too, about his secret (which enraged you a bit). 

But Bloom's paranoia had turned. She had answers so she had an advisor. They were stunted answers though, so it wasn't enough. That felt familiar. Not just to Bloom. The mystery magnet had felt similar emotions after being dragged back from her mystery meeting with... Beatrix. 

You texted Farah. 

Bloom's mind was clear, organized. She had a plan. Or the stirrings of one, you realized as you prodded lightly. She stewed on her own, self-isolating. You did the same so you could hardly blame her. Outside the privacy of your room, the world awaited. And there was so much of it. It could crush you. It wanted to. But alone you were untouchable. 

Eventually, your aloneness vanished, but it was so much better. Farah returned to your single suite and chased away any protective loneliness. Her hugs left you warm and her kisses let you fly. "Hello, my sweet," she greeted after the kiss as was customary. 

You hummed against her, feeling the pure contentment invade your every sense. 

"I have some final paperwork I have to pick up."

Your peace was ruffled. You groaned next, at the thought of either of you leaving your suite or that dreadful work ethic coming into your space. 

Farah toyed with the tips of your hair, pulling away enough to sweet talk. "I was too eager to see you so I forgot." Though still soured, that bought her back some points. "Walk with me?" she offered.

You immediately placed your hand in hers. "You know I'd follow you anywhere." You wanted to kick your heart's ass. It was gonna be cold out there! 

The bright smile outshone the 4th of July with the force of Farah's emotions. They knocked you backwards and she used it to get you on  your feet. 

You hung off the woman as you returned to her office and she couldn't dissuade you otherwise. "What are we even getting?"

"Last week's tests, updated emergency protection papers, a word search."

Your jaw fell open, appalled by her priorities. 

"Just busy work for... depending on how long you nap."

You stared not shocked, but affronted. "I don't need-" 

"Yes, you do. You can hardly balance your mental burdens with your day-to-day life. Sleep's the best medicine," she sang as if temptingly. But she totally wasn't asking. 

You glowered at the woman until you reached her office. She said not a word, only smiling knowingly at you, as she gathered the last bit of busy work she had until the next time she put it off in favor of you. She was walking back to the door, to you with an arm out to hold you as she  had on the way, when a powerful, confused, hurt bundle of anxiety brushed past you. 

"Excuse me," Farah reacted effortlessly. 

"I want to see her," Bloom demanded. "Rosalind." 

"I told you. She's-"

"I know that she's alive so don't lie to me again."

That didn't surprise you. Farah had secrets. She didn't like them, but they were necessary.