Lucky Love

When time came back into itself, it took you a moment to realize you'd just woken up and therefore had been asleep. You frowned at your own grogginess. You slowly blinked your eyes open and ran a hand down your face. When you saw past the haze of sleep, you saw Farah hovering over you, on her side, watching you sleep. Her hair was trailing down her shoulders and pooled on the bed. A few tangled with your fingers. 

A blush spread along your cheeks and you half-turned your face into the mattress. Fingers combed through your hair, forcing one eye to peek open. She grinned excitedly, whispering, "Got you."

"Watching my sleep," you mumbled in embarrassing complaint. "You looked so peaceful. Far more peaceful than you usually do."

You understood that sentiment. Farah's mind had been reeling since the Burned One's return, though you still weren't sure what you'd been fighting. "Are you going to explain what's bothering you?" you retorted easily. 

"You didn't read my mind once curious?" Farah asked back. 

That made you frown. While you often lost control with your other power, it was rude to read someone's private thoughts without permission. You were never bad or rude on purpose. 

The Headmistress sensed her misstep and reached for you, parting your hair again. "I'm sorry. You're not some selfish kid." She smiled comfortingly. "It's nothing. It should be solved soon." She moved from the bed and parted the curtains. "It's a beautiful day. And it suits. The Queen of Light is visiting." She opened the window just a smidge. Access to the outside world restored, so was your connection to their thoughts and feelings. 

Your fingertips touched your forehead and you sat up, your face scrunched in pain. It was easy to tune out the waves adolescence when you forgot about them, and only Farah was capable of that. Farah called your name in concern. You waved a hand at her to ease that. You only opened your eyes again when she took the reassuring hand. "There's new gossip everyone's researching, contemplating, and telephone gaming. " You put your other hand on hers. "Do you have coffee?"

Farah smiled. 

*

"So, why is Aisha your new assistant?" you asked for the millionth time. 

"I told you. Callum had a family emergency and Aisha volunteered." Farah set the tea set on her desk, the water heating itself, Farah's eyes glowing and beautiful ethereal white. You stood on the other side of her office, looking over titled you would likely never read. "Oh, I'll bet she did," you grumbled to yourself. You were indignant over the obvious teacher's pet moving in so close to your girl. Your chin was suddenly taken and Farah took you. She pressed her lips hard against yours. This kiss was all passion and it appeared as if she were trying to steal the very breath from your lungs. s if she couldn't do that with a mere smile... She was consuming you and you could only hold onto her, having no protests. 

When she pulled back, you could only blink up at her blearily. "Wh-what was that for?" you stammered out around a warm tummy. 

Farah just smiled easily. "My girl," she quoted your thoughts. 

You flushed embarrassedly. You tried to turn away as you had this morning. 

Farah caught your face again, making you face her. "I must say... that surge of jealousy is very sexy."

Your pink cheeks went tomato red, and your eyes were dark with wide pupils as you gazed up at her. You looked down at her lips, wondering if you could muster the courage to kiss her with her new assistant, who had no respect for privacy, just outside. You reached your hands up to hold Farah's face. Rocking up onto your toes, you halted so close your breath accidentally teased Farah's face. But your eyes shifted a red-purple color and you looked to the door. A bundle of anxiety capable of rivaling your own had just entered Farah's office. You fell to the balls of your feet, listening to the teasing gossip.