Lesson One

You were embarrassed. Having cried yourself unconscious, you started awake from a nightmare and now had a headache and regret at your weakness. The morning had hardly begun, the light of dawn weak and cool. You stood slowly, awed at the painting of your beautiful surroundings. You were in a forest and so surrounded by trees. The pale light of the cloudless sky left everything pale. A few critters were wandering about, birds singing softly. A gentle wind swept over your face, waking you better than any coffee, though you deeply missed the caffeine. You could hear running water not far away and voices far in the distance, but you were alone. Relatively. Your natives were still sleeping, Moiraine - you noticed - was near the spot you'd been in. You flustered at the implication and also stewed a bit in your anger. But still, your mind was faint in the way of telepathy so you took advantage of the solitude. You set out for firewood. Stacking it like a tikki, you picked a few sticks out and took them with you. You went to the stream, levitated a few fish free, and killed them telekinetically. Cooking fish from where you were bathing was easy. 

The stream was small and cold, but you'd cleaned in worse. You goosebumped all over, worse when the water hit your skin, but you sighed as the dirt flowed downstream. The cold erased the feeling of dried sweat and your clothes were given an illusion of clean next. You hung them up once drenched and looked around. Deciding the coast was clear, you held up your hand and your eyes glowed. Your delicate squeezed without wringing first and they were dry quite soon. You lamented at using a blanket as a towel, but was wrapped just the same. Pulling your undergarments on, you looking back up at the rest. 

Back at the makeshift camp, the bonded pair slowly awoke together. Moiraine jerked to sit up upon feeling her empty hands. She knew she'd fallen asleep holding a prophesy. Lan felt the alarm secondhand and hopped to. He stared at their surroundings, seeking proof of a fight. Moiraine's gaze was drawn to the crackling fire and, more importantly, the four impaled fish floating and rotating above the fire and around each other. 

Lan again felt the change and turned to look as well. "She made breakfast?" he asked. 

"Caught it, gutted it, cooking it," Moiraine answered specifically. 

"She isn't in eyesight," Lan expanded. No Aes Sedai could manipulate that outside her vision without a tether. Not without skills you'd been taught none of. 

Moiraine rose to her feet, eyes fixed above the fire. "We know she had powers unknown." Just like the Dragon, the Mist Between was an enigma, completely unable to predict. 

"Greater than the Dragon?" the Warder had to ask. The Sedai didn't know the answer, but she knew it was likely yes. It took more power to realm-hop than to poison the Source. Instead, she set off after you. Moiraine doubted you knew the Power you gave off, even when not actively channeling. There was so much you likely didn't know. Like how to tell Moiraine you needed a bath. Looking at you wrapped in a saddle blanket, she knew she very much would've appreciated the prior notice. She would've gotten an inn-room and you wouldn't have had to freeze. But she was sure that had an upside too. The woman had to remind herself how the slap stung. You would not be open to any advances. How disappointing. The Blue was an all or nothing sort of woman. If you were open to any type of long-term relationship, she could tell you everything, and she would. But she would share some. With barely a thought, Moiraine snaked the One Power at your clothes, twisting them dry. She smirked when you traced the Power back to her, surprised. "Lesson One: How to Summon the One Power." Dramatically, she turned from you and left the area. But she smirked at the splashing of you following. 

Your pants went on first, eager at the prospect of a lesson. You pulled the headhole over you first, Farah's coat over your arm. You chased the woman with one arm in its sleeve and the other half of your abdomen exposed while you swapped which arm held her coat. You were fully dressed when you caught up with her. You folded the coat and carefully packed it into the saddlebag. "Is the One Power-?"