Preparating the Last Ball

Lucifer was hard at work designing different types of invitations for their unholy guests to receive. Majority of them were duck themed, his favorite one honestly. Very proud of it. He had not even realized that he made around fifty duck themed ball invitations. He chuckled nervously as he had gotten too invested and pushed them to the side.

Truth be told, for as long as he's lived, he's never been to a ball. He and Lilith were invited countless times over the years but... Lucifer never wanted to go. Lilith always went, she thrived at these events. Oh how she looked, dressed to the nine, perfection she was. Lucifer's smile fell a bit as he played with his wedding band on his finger, before bringing it up to his mouth to kiss. "Where did you go..." he spoke to himself softly before hearing radio sounds and footsteps.

Lucifer knocked himself out of his self pitty and continued to make invitations. "Oh Lucifer~ what sort of arts and crafts project is this~?" He spoke with sass and sharp edge, staring at Lucifer's side profile and made a humming noise as he waited for his answer.

"These... are our invitation to the ball! Duck shaped invitations, quacks when it opens, and... comes in assortment of colors." He raised his brows while fanning out the duck invitations showing the rainbow color of invites to choose from.

Alastor was silent for a while, staring between him and his ducks. "... charming." He spoke with no covering up of the disinterest of his invitation theme. He walked to the pile of invites and held one up and opened it, his soft ears moving back at the loud quack noise, his nose scrunching up while his smile still didn't budge.

"As much as I can see your ...personality in these. They are childish~ we need something classy and grand~" he said and held his arms out wide before producing a new invitation, it was classy and white with gold lettering. "Here~ much better~ finally, a sense of class in this place~" he said as if no one but him had style.

Lucifer looked at the ticket and raised a brow. "It just white and gold?" He said unimpressed and Alastor sighed shaking his head. "Simplicity is perfection my dear king~ though I know simplicity isn't your..." he looked Lucifer up and down before chuckling. "Strong suit~" he covered his mouth with the top of his cane but his giant smile could still be seen.

Lucifer glared at Alastor and snatched the invitation and grumbled in Latin, making exact copies of the invite Alastor gave him. "You're lucky my daughter likes you." He said and glared at him from the corner of his eye. "Ah yes~ dearest Charlie~! She is quite fond of me~ aha~!"

Alastor seemed to be gleaming with joy knowing that Charlie liking him putting a damper on Lucifer's usual happy day. It thrilled him to no end.

Since the invitations were so simple they were quite easy to replicate with sorcery. He was sitting through them all making sure they looked decent before grabbing a bag- well more like materializing one into existence since there was no bag in the hotel that would be able to hold all of these.

Lucifer pulled the bag of letters to the main lobby. He looked for Alastor who was no where to be seen again, but he heard something like the fizzing of smoke, with the softest touch of the foot on the ground. 'Oh, he's behind me.' Lucifer thought which would save him the embarrassment of screaming in-front of the other.

"Alastor, how exactly do you think we're going to deliver-" Lucifer cut himself off as he turned around and Alastor was indeed there but that's not what cut him off. Alastor was bending down to his height, their faces lined up. Now Lucifer screamed.

"A-Aahhhh!" He jumped back and fell over the bag of invitations. "Oh my~ the great King of Hell seems to have had a tumble~" he said cheerily and leaned down to look at Lucifer. "Right... WheRE YOU BELONG~" his eyes turned into radio dials, neck extending while his antlers grew 5x their normal size.

Lucifer looked at Alastor and blinked, the form Alastor took was not one he'd ever seen the Radio Demon turn into. He glared at Alastor while standing up, no expression change to his face as he looked at him. "Is this suppose to intimidate me?" He said as two red horns protruded from his forehead, a flame igniting between them at the tips as his 3 sets of wings extended out, eyes forming on each feather staring at Alastor.

It was like a stand off in the middle of the lobby. But they both heard chatter come from down the hall, and almost immediately they both reverted to the normal day looks. Alastor looked back to Lucifer from facing the hall. "Till next time, your majesty~" he spoke with a bit of static in his voice and became black mist and sank into the floor disappearing.

Lucifer glared at him before remembering what he was going to ask. "H-Hey! You stupid radio head! What the fuck am I suppose to do with all these invitations!?" He yelled at the floor where Alastor sank into and glared.

"Uh, your majesty you good bro?" Angel Dusts voice rang out from behind him. Lucifer turned to look at the white and pink spider. "Yeaaahhh, great! Never better! Haha~!" He made finger guns at the other who lifted a brow before shrugging. "Okay, if you say so, honey." He walked to where Husk was at the bar, Husk already pouring him a drink before he even sat down.

Lucifer sighed as he was stressing out over having to deal with Alastor's bullshit and organizing the ball. He glanced back over to the bar and his brows raised a little, facial features softened as he watched a tender moment unfold between Husk and Angel. There hands were intertwined while Angel seemed to be speaking about something, probably his day but Lucifer couldn't hear from this far away. Husk was rubbing his thumb- er, claw, over Angels palm in a loving manner.

The two seemed really infatuated with each other. Lucifer frowned to himself and looked down at his hand again, his wedding band still wrapped around his finger. Lucifer twisted the ring on his finger and sighed softly. "Please... be safe." He thought and held his hand to his chest before looking back to the bag of invitations.

His facial expression shifted to annoyance now. "And here we go- the king of hell being a fucken delivery boy, yippee!" He sounded so annoyed while extending his wings and lifting off into the sky.