Land Of Static and Hope

Note:
There is a song I recommend listening to this chapter. Pure Imagination sung by Timothée Chalamet, I'd press play when you see the ☆

It had a been a few days since the events of the ball had happened, the King and Radio Demon seeming rather closer than usual to everyone but the fighting had gone down a lot between them. They met up a couple times to help the other feel relief, enjoying the activity as well and they were almost making a habit out of it, but if just got the other deeper into there system, constantly needing them close, to feel their warmth, and listen to them talk. It was like needing to breathe.

But this night Lucifer was laying in bed alone, frowning as he couldn't sleep. He stared at the empty space beside him, at first picturing Lilith for so long but now that image was replaced with a certain red headed deer. He ran his fingers over the spot and sighed. He was wearing Alastor's dress shirt though to sleep, the fabric made of cotton so it was soft against his skin and it smelt like him. It could almost rile him up if it didn't make him so damn relaxed in bed. But suddenly his relaxation was cut short.

Sharp static came from the radio Alastor gifted him, what sounded like growls as well, and... a woman's voice? Singing? Then talking, he focused hard listening as he stared confused. He quickly looked back and saw Alastor's giant neon sign for 'ON AIR' wasn't on, he turned his head back and listened closely.

'... flowers bloom... Al...'

Lucifer felt the voice being so calm and sweet, wondering if this was someone important to Alastor. He frowned as he listened further, his heart sinking as the static cleared.

'Wake up Al, wake up, dads got a surpRiSe~!'

The voice was sinister, hate full and than the radio blasted a scream he could only recognize as Alastor's, but as a child. The sound of heavy sobbing and the sound of an old man laughing and clearly forcing young Alastor to look as the sound of the child yelled... yelled for his mom.

'M-MOMMY! Mommy no! D-Don't leave me don't please I'll be good! I'll be better!'

Lucifer finally realized that Alastor was having a nightmare, reliving his most haunting memory. He got up as fast as he could, running to the door.

'MOMMYS DEAD! Now smile kiddo~ or do you wanna end up like your ungrateful mother~?'

Lucifer felt like time was slowed, wanting to get to Alastor now, to see him and comfort him. He finally made it to the door, hearing sharp static met with rapid breathing. He pushed the door opened and found Alastor in bed a mess, sweat dripping from his face. "Al! Al wake up it's just a-"

As soon as Lucifer touched him, Alastor woke up and grabbed Lucifer by the neck, slamming him into the wall, growling, still feeling the rush of his dream pumping through him. "Al... Alastor it's me... it's me..." Lucifer spoke soft and softly rang his hand along his face and watched as Alastor slowly came through and panted, pulling his hand away from the King. "I... I didn't..." He looked away and felt Lucifer's hands grab his face and turn it to him. "Hey... hey it's okay... it was a dream..." he said and sat down with him, looking at Alastor holding his face, head turned away from Lucifer.

Lucifer reached out to touch Alastor but the deer tensed up. He pulled his hand back, frowning looking at the man clearly not being okay with what he just relived from memory. Lucifer waited a moment listening to the heavy static of Alastor's panting before he scooted a little closer and began to softly sing to him.

'Come with me... and you'll be... in a world... of pure imagination~♬♩'

Alastor turned his head to him wondering what the male was doing. He blinked as he turned to him and Lucifer softly reached out again, waiting to see if Alastor would flinch but he didn't. He closed his eyes and felt his hand on his cheek. Alastor breathed softly, listening to Lucifer softly sing.