Immunity

Pairing: Ada Wong x Reader

Requested by: quanxiis

Pronouns: They/Them

Warning(s): Zombie bites/death

the first bit of this is the reader and ada meeting shortly before the events of ada's story in re6 🙏🏽 i hope i did this justice 🙏🏽

I trembled as the sounds of the infected and screams of the dying filled the air, fear paralyzing me. 'Move, legs! I need to leave! It's not safe here anymore!' A scream left me when the door to the room I was in broke down, forcing me to leave out of the window. My grip tightened on my knife as I shimmed along the edge of the awning, trying to find a vehicle I could get to and take. 'Okay! I'm moving again... that's good.'

My jaw clenched when I heard the window shatter, forcing myself to jump off the awning and roll in the grass. I scrambled to my feet before rushing toward a nearby motorcycle. 'These are risky to take, but it's the only thing running,' I sliced at one of the zombies before taking off, ignoring the burning sensation in my calf. 'Fuck... Fuck! One of them got me?! I need to get somewhere to clean and bandage it... It's all I can do for now...'

After a while of driving, I stopped at a gas station — nearly crashing from the intense pain in my calf. I stumbled into the abandoned building, searching for a first-aid kit and any other medicine I could find. 'Nearly picked clean,' I frowned but grabbed the scarce supplies. 'But just enough to clean it up and wrap it.'

I woke to the sound of a motorcycle outside, making me tighten my grip on my knife and shift behind the counter of the gas station. 'I don't even remember falling asleep... But whoever that is might be trouble.' My breath caught in my throat when I glanced outside and noticed a woman examining the motorcycle I rode here. 'Woah... She's hot... But I need her to get away from here- From that bike!'

I slowly made my way around the counter and stood up, keeping my knife hidden as I walked outside. The woman turned, aiming a gun at me in a flash. 'Damn, she's quick too,' I held my hands up in surrender, dropping my knife in the process. 'I'd better not get on her bad side. I still have another knife hidden away just in case.'

"Who are you?"

"I could ask you that," I huffed. "That's my bike — step away."

"I'm in control here," She reminded me before tapping her finger against her pistol. "...You're from that town a few miles back I take it?"

"Not really... But I did leave there recently — on that motorcycle."

"And I need parts."

"Then either take me with you or kill me," I huffed, ready to knock her gun away if I needed to. "You seem capable."

Her eyes scanned my body before a low hum left the woman, her gun lowering before she extended a hand to me. "Ada. Ada Wong."

"...[Y/N]," I murmured and slowly lowered my hand, shaking hers with a faint smile. "I take it I'm going with you?"

"Might as well. As I said; I need parts."

"Then take them — I'll be waiting to leave."

"Good, because I have someplace to be."

Sometime Later

"He did what?!" I scoffed in disbelief after Ada explained what Simmons had done.

"You heard me," She hummed as we explored the city — killing a zombie before it could get close to me. "Now, let's go."

'She's shockingly calm about someone cloning her,' I internally grumbled as I followed her through the streets. 'I mean, I get that she's hot, but this is a whole nother level of 'fucked up' yet she's not showing any disgust yet... Why did he clone her?! ...No wonder she makes my heart flutter.' Before I had the time to register what had happened, a zombie lunged from a dark alley, knocking me to the ground.

'No, no, no, no, no!' I struggled to get the zombie off before it could bite me — despite knowing I was immune. 'If Ada sees me get bit, she'll kill me without question!' My body froze at the sound of a gunshot — the gun going off three more times before Ada was standing beside me. Her eyes narrowed at the zombie's corpse as I scrambled to my feet and grabbed my gun, muttering a thank you to the woman as we began walking again.

'...That was too close,' I frowned as Ada pulled me into a building, hiding from a group of zombies as they stumbled along. 'I'm so glad I never have to turn into one of those things.' When the group was gone, Ada forced me to sit down, a frown on her face as she took a deep breath.

"When this is all over-," The woman stopped when I lifted my gun and fired, her head snapping to the group of zombies. "Shit."

'Absolutely not,' I shoved Ada away from the other zombie, biting back my cry when it bit my shoulder. '...I hope she doesn't try to kill me.'

"...[Y/N]..." Regret filled Ada's dark eyes as I forced a smile and shook my head.

"Just run — go... I'll be okay."

"But-!"

"Ada, you never lose your cool," I chuckled. "Even when we met on your way to-."

"...I-..." Ada connected our lips and fired her gun — shooting the last zombie dead before pulling back with a tear rolling down her cheek. "You were a stray, but one I grew to like. I wish things didn't end like this."

'If only you knew... But you'd probably look at me differently — or... No, she'd never turn me in to be experimented on, right? We haven't traveled together long, but surely...'

"If there's a cure... Hold out for it, okay?" Ada ordered and stood from her spot, slowly making her way out of the building. "I'll find it and bring it to you."

"Don't make promises you can't keep," I wheezed as the burning sensation spread. '...Am I not immune? I thought... Last time...'

Ada was gone in the blink of an eye, leaving me to pull myself to my feet a few minutes later. 'This is different from the last time,' I stumbled into a dark room, locking the door behind me before I collapsed to the floor again. 'It hurts... So much...' Tears stung my eyes as the pain caused me to pass out.

'...Ada...I'm...Sorry...'

Ada POV

'They deserve a swift death if they turned,' I stared at the building that I left [Y/N] in, silently praying that they were there — alive and immune aa despite knowing the odds were slim to none. When I entered the building again, I was relieved to see that no other zombies had stumbled in, but guilt and regret filled me when I didn't see [Y/N]'s body anywhere.

'Please don't tell me they turned,' I noticed a trail of blood and followed it — fearing the worst. 'If they turned and found someone to kill... I'll have to-...' My brain stopped working when I saw their body on the floor — unmoving other than the slight rise and fall of their chest. '[Y/N]?!' Composing myself, I stepped toward the body and knelt, keeping the barrel of my gun to their temple before I gently shook them. 'There are only two ways that this could go.'

My breath caught in my throat when a groan escaped the body — eyes slowly opening as if they were being weighed down. 'Those [E/C] eyes... Ones that held so many dreams despite how dark the days were...' Their cloudy eyes seemed to clear up the longer [Y/N] stared at me, relief washing over me when they didn't attack.

"Ada?" [Y/N] rasped, bringing a hand to their wound. "...I am immune? That... Was so painful..."

'Immune...' I scoffed lightly before helping them to their feet, allowing a faint smile to rest on my face. "That's just like you to be immune."

"You must be my lucky charm."