Blind Love

Pairing: Donna x Blind!Reader

Pronouns: She/They

Requested by: P_enelope97

"You," I shuddered at Mother Miranda's voice, trying not to flinch when her hand suddenly appeared on my shoulder. "You will be the last to receive a job until one of the lords needs a new servant. The rest of you may leave."

'...She thinks I can be useful?' My lips twitched into a small smile before it fell again at the grumbles and complaints from the others as they left. "I-I don't want to sound rude, Mother Miranda, but could you have... Possibly made a mistake? I-I'm blind-"

"I know," Mother Miranda hummed before her hand slid to my back and she began to guide me somewhere. "Alcina wasn't the only Lord to request a maid."

"I'm not maid material."

"Because you're blind?" The priestess scoffed. "You listen to those villagers too much."

'She's acting like I'm someone important and I just don't know it yet.'

"Lady Beneviento asked for a maid — well, more like a companion. None of the others would work for her. You, however, are perfect for her — she'll even help you learn the layout so you can learn faster."

"...The villagers talk badly about her too... They say she must be hideous under her veil but... I've heard others speak of how beautiful she was before she was wearing it."

"Although the cadou deformed her face, she's still that beautiful girl."

"So that's why she wears it?"

"And she's still mourning her family."

'...Now I'm glad I was chosen,' I smiled as we stopped walking, sitting down when Mother Miranda helped me over to a chair. "If it was something your gift did, then others shouldn't hate it, Mother Miranda. I-"

I paused when I heard a door open, listening to the quiet footsteps until they stopped nearby. "Who's this?"

"The maid you requested."

"...She's blind?" I dropped my head, trying to ignore the pounding in my chest.

"Will that be an issue?"

"N-No! I just wanted to know."

"She is," Mother Miranda hummed. "And she's perfect for the position."

There was a brief silence before Lady Beneviento spoke again. "Yes, she is."

Six Months Later

"What are you making for dinner?" I asked Donna with a smile.

"Spaghetti," She giggled. "I'm glad you let me learn. I like cooking for y- us."

"I prefer baking," I giggled. "That's why I agreed to make you snacks."