𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

"𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞..."

───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

"𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥"

A few months later went by and Samuel was more affectionate towards Ruby by the day. Christmas day was spent with her parents. His sister was never seen once again but she was happy to spend more time with his family and her own so she didn't mind.

It was now spring and the fresh air would feel cool during warm days. It was a perfect day outside but not for Ruby. This day was a rough one. She couldn't focus on her classes because she had a fight with Samuel the day before and he was spamming her with messages.

She was intentionally ignoring him as the words he said the previous night rang in her head. Words that hurt her deep down.

"Stop posting pictures half naked. Your father would be disappointed in you if he saw the dumb ass shit you post,"

She placed her phone in her pocket and tried to finish her lesson to the best of her ability. While she was taking her last Nicole called her and told her to meet her outside the building to go to her house. Ruby agreed and packed her bag.

She began to walk outside of the building and as she was passing by the performing arts building, she felt a hand wrap around her arm, and with a strong pull, she was facing Samuel.

"Ouch! That hurts," she said and he started pulling her with him.

"Samuel, please let me go. You are hurting me," His fingers dug deeper into her arm as she tried to resist. She pulled her arm and hit his chest but he wouldn't let her go. Tears started welling up in her eyes but she refused to scream to avoid causing a scene.

"Stop fighting with me," he said in a deep voice, and his eyes were filled with anger.

"You're hurting me. Please," she was now crying her eyes out silently.

"Are you out of your mind? Let her go," A voice was heard and soon Ruby was free from the man's grip. Ruby knew perfectly who it was. Every encounter with her would have the heavenly smell of that perfume.

"Why are you manhandling her like that?" The tall girl said as she stepped in front of Ruby in an attempt to protect her. Another girl, Yeni Cho, was asking Ruby if she was okay.

"Oh my gosh! It's the waitress from that small diner. Bada, right? When will you learn that you are nothing," Samuel said and Ruby just grabbed her arm.

"What's going on?" Nicole arrived at the scene where there were three girls and an angry-looking man

"I'm okay, Bada. I'll just go with Nicole. Let's go," Ruby said as she took Nicole's hand and dragged her away. They went to Nicole's house. She wanted to stay away from everyone and she knew she could confide in Nicole to give her some space but also comfort her.

She sat on the couch and Nicole covered her with a blanket. The younger girl walked to the kitchen, made her some tea, and went back to make some food.

After a while, the girl on the couch felt a bit better and ready to talk.

"Where are your parents?" Ruby asked.

"At work. Then they are taking the boys to a robotics exposition in a museum. They want to sign up for next year," she replied and Ruby chuckled.

"Everyone in your family is smart, jeez!" She exclaimed as she took small sips of the tea.