𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

"𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜." - 𝐊𝐚𝐞𝐝𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

"𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬"

The only thing Aria held precious was the relationship she had with her sister. They were together from the moment Aria moved into the house. It was as if they were meant to be sisters in another life.

For Aria, the most precious things in life were her father and her sister. When they lost their father, they could only rely on each other but Jina always made it hard for the two girls to do so. There was always a constant reminder of how Aria was nothing but an adopted child. 

The differences were always prominent and every time Aria tried to stand up for herself, Jina would blackmail her. She felt trapped but there was a small light of hope. Jina, for the first time, gave her the choice of her life.

"Make sure Ruby's marriage goes to plan and you can be free from me. You can be free from an arranged marriage and live your life as you wish,"

Aria didn't want to hurt her sister nor did she enjoy seeing her in so much pain. She wanted to rip Samuel's eyes out but she knew if she did something, it would be her getting ripped to pieces by everyone she held dear.

She angrily made her way to Chocol's house and knocked with all her might. Haechi opened the door.

"Is Chocol home?" she asked.

"Yeah, come in. I'll go get her," Haechi said as she guided the girl inside holding her shoulder. She could see how distressed she was.

"Juliet, could you get her a glass of water? I'll be right back, Aria," the tall girl left and she took small sips of water trying not to break down.

"Hey, what's going on?" A worried Chocol approached the girl sitting on the couch. Yeni and Haechi were right behind her.

"I'm really sorry but could Chocol and I have a moment alone?" Aria said. The other two girls understood immediately and walked away. Chocol helped the girl up and took her to another room.

"Aria, you're worrying me. Is everything okay?" she said.

"No. Nothing is okay. I arrived home today after practice and... I saw Ruby sitting on her bed with a busted lip. She had red marks all over her arms and legs and she was asking me for help. I... I couldn't do anything and I felt horrible. Samuel hit her," Aria was sobbing uncontrollably and all Chocol could do was bring her closer to her and wrap her in her arms.

She patted her head while Aria cried. She understood why the girl was doing what she was doing but she didn't want to see her suffer nor did she want to see Ruby in that predicament after opening up to her and knowing she was nothing but a kind soul with pure intentions.

"Baby, I think you need to tell her the truth. You can't keep this up. Jina isn't going to stop this so you might as well," Chocol said.

"No. She's going to ruin me. I can't let her have power over me. I need to be free from her," Aria said as she clung to Chocol's shirt. Her tears wet it and she felt vulnerable.

"Okay, okay. We will find a way out. For now, I think you should be there for your sister. Samuel beating her is just not good. You should try to prevent that. I know Jina is crazy and she would do anything to get those two married but please try to prevent him from hitting her. That's something you can do," Chocol pressed her forehead against Aria's as she wiped her tears.