𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

"𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦, 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞, 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐭." -𝐀𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐄𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐢𝐧

───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

"𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞"

Bada took Ruby to her apartment and had her lie down. She tried to get Ruby water but Ruby held tightly onto her hand.

"Please don't go. I don't want to be here alone," Ruby said. Bada didn't argue and lay down next to her. Ruby's cries filled the almost empty room but her cries began to die down as Bada started gently stroking her hair.

Nothing else was heard but a soft breathing pattern from Ruby. Bada tried calling her name several times but she seemed to be sound asleep. Bada slowly stood up to grab her phone and to talk to the girl who had been sitting on the couch still in the green dress.

"How is she?" Yeni asked

"She is sleeping. She was still a bit scared so I stayed by her and she fell asleep. I'm really sorry about all of this Yen. I know it must be hard for you as well. You know I care deeply about you but..." Bada stopped and looked away. Yeni stood up and sat next to Bada.

"It's okay. Life is... unpredictable and as much as I'd like to be with you, that's probably not what I was made for. You and Ruby clicked the first time you saw each other. I am convinced she was made for you and you were made for her. I am just happy if you are. Be with her and protect her. Don't run away from people that love you, Bada," Yeni said.

Bada wrapped her in a tight yet warm hug and Yeni melted into it, knowing that it would probably be the last time she would hug Bada with such romantic feelings.

"One thing I do know about my life is... that I will always be here for you and her. Now, if you excuse me, I have to get this dress off. Jeez... I don't know how mother does it. See you later," Yeni said as she walked out of the door leaving the tall girl smiling on the couch.

"Bada?" Ruby called from the door of the room.

"Hey. Couldn't sleep?" Bada asked and Ruby shook her head.

"I didn't feel you anymore. Why is it so empty here? Are you moving?" Ruby sat next to Bada leaving space between them.

"I was... yeah. I was going to move to California with Lusher," Bada replied making Ruby look down and nod.

"I have to be honest with you. I was moving away to forget you. to let you live your life with Samuel and to forget my strong feelings toward you, knowing well that I couldn't possibly do that if I stayed here. Then, Yeni came here and made me realize that no matter how far away I try to run, I will never be happy without you because..." Bada made a pause and held Ruby's hand.

"...because I love you, Ruby Han. I realized from the day I saw you at that diner that you were meant for me," she said. Ruby's eyes were filled with tears and a small smile was painted on her face.

"I... there are so many emotions mixed inside of me right now but this..." she placed her hand on her heart.

"This can never lie to me. I love you too, Bada Lee. And I want to spend every moment with you. Please don't walk away from me like this," she gripped Bada's hands.

Bada wrapped her in a hug and they cried in each other's arms. Bada pulled back and cupped Ruby's face. She connected their foreheads and closed her eyes.