𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲." - 𝐋𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤

───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

"𝐔𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐"

Ruby stood up from the table and grabbed her bag. She didn't want to be in the awkward presence of her fiancé anymore especially since he was acting weird.

She walked to the pool of the hotel where she would meet with the girls to have some fun. As soon as she approached the girls they all started cheering loudly and Ruby finally smiled genuinely.

"My gosh, sleeping beauty! We were wondering when you would wake from your slumber. We almost hired someone to kiss you awake from your deep slumber," Nicole said.

"Sorry guys. I was feeling a bit tired but Bada texted me the schedule so I'm all yours. What are we doing right now?" Ruby asked as she sat on one of the chairs.

"Right now, we are waiting on Bada, Lusher, and Yeni to get here. Come sit here," Nicole patted the chair next to her but she took a glance at her sister who was lying on the chair next to that one.

"I'm good right here. I'm going to dip my feet in the pool," the girl said and sat at the edge of the pool. Aria looked down in sadness and Chocol placed her hand on her shoulder rubbing circles with her thumb to give her comfort.

A tall figure soon sat next to Ruby and she turned to the side to find an unexpected smile.

"I invited you guys but you said no... So, why did you decide to join us at the last minute?" Ruby asked the girl with a small smile avoiding eye contact.

"Yeni insisted we come and why not? School had been kicking my ass so I decided to take a break even if it was just for four days. How have you been?" Haechi asked.

"Okay. I mean... I could be better," Ruby said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Haechi asked as she looked at the girl.

"Sorry. You know I appreciate you. I just don't think we should talk about it," Ruby replied still avoiding eye contact.

"I don't mean to be that person but... things like this make me wonder... what if we never broke up?" Haechi said.

"Well... it would be a different story now. Your sisters and I would actually get along better. You and I would probably be somewhere else and I wouldn't be engaged to this man but the past is in the past. I don't even remember why we broke up," Ruby said as she kicked the water.

"We broke up because you said I was a distraction. You said I was too needy and you needed to focus on your studies. That shit hurt," Haechi said as she looked at Ruby once more.

"Don't take it personally. It really wasn't up to me if I'm honest. I really, and I mean really, liked you. You were my first girlfriend after all but my mom... she... she forced me to break up with you. I'm sorry," Ruby said.

"Wait... so you didn't want to break up with me? Are you serious?" Haechi asked.

"No. I regretted it so much but I couldn't go back on what I did. I hated that your sister also held a grudge against me because you guys are truly cool so I am so sorry," the short girl said as she looked down at the water.

"Ruby, it's not your fault. Don't even worry about it, okay? All I wanted to know is that you felt the same for me as I did for you. Thank you for telling me this and you and I can now be the coolest friends," Haechi nudged the girl's shoulder and splashed her with water.