𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

"... 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞." -𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐤

───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

"𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞"

The days passed and Ruby felt more miserable than ever. As much as she wanted to deny it she missed having Bada on her back. She missed her random visit to her class but every time Samuel would see Bada around her, he would hit her and she didn't want to go through that anymore.

She felt like her life was not hers anymore. It was slipping away before her eyes. The wedding was only two weeks away and she didn't know what to do to cancel it.

But to be completely honest, there wasn't much she could do. All she knew was that the wedding was her only way to give her family a good life. At least for now.

She woke up on a Sunday and checked her arms. Samuel had hit her because she wore a strapless dress and forgot to cover up her tattoo which made many men look at her during an event they went to.

She shrugged and got changed. There was no way she could cover up such a big bruise anyways so she just decided to wear a coat.

She made her way to present her final exams on campus. When she arrived she walked to the dance building with her head down. She suddenly bumped into someone.

"Oh, Ruby! Are you okay?" Yeni asked as she helped the girl up. Yeni's concern grew when she noticed how the girl looked. Dark circles, pale skin, and too skinny.

Ruby had been skipping meals as her morning sickness got worse and she would only eat one meal a day. She had been staying up all night to study for her exams and she had also fallen deep into depression when she found out that Samuel had another woman on the side.

One that he loved and didn't abuse, or so she thought.

"I'm fine. Sorry. Have you seen my sister?" She asked.

"Yeah, she was talking to Chocol around the corner. Are you sure you're okay? You don't look too good," Yeni insisted.

"Yeah, I just have a stomach bug but It'll go away. I feel better today and I have to present my finals today. I need to give you the date for the rehearsal later so I'll message you. Bye!" Ruby waved and Yeni nodded before walking off.

"Bada,  you're dating Yeni now? Don't you think that will hurt her feelings?" She heard her sister's voice and froze in her spot.

"What else am I supposed to do? Ruby, hurt me so bad and I don't know how to get over her. I don't want to hurt Yeni but maybe I'll be able to get over your sister with Yeni," Ruby cover her mouth when she heard what the two girls were talking about and tears filled her eyes making her vision blurry.

When her vision cleared out a bit she saw Yeni standing in front of her. Ruby wiped her tears and started to walk away but Yeni held her hand.

"Ruby wait! Let's talk," she said and Ruby stopped.

"I'm really sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen but I really like Bada and it hurts me to see how bad she is hurting because of you. You are my friend and I am really sorry it had to be this way. If you want us out of the wedding I totally understand," Yeni reasoned.

"No! Are you kidding? You guys look so good together. There is nothing to apologize for. Bada and I are just friends and I am happy you two can find happiness in each other. Please excuse me. I am late for my exam," Ruby gave Yeni a small hug and walked off.