𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲."

───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠"

Ruby stood up from the bed a few hours after the two girls left. She needed to clear her head. She wanted to understand why her mother would say those things to Aria. She couldn't understand why her mother would try to do such a thing but she also knew that she was doing the same thing to her.

Ruby decided to try and get along with Samuel. She knew it was the best for her so she decided to look for him to have dinner together. She had been in Aria's bed scrolling on Instagram for hours after all and she wanted to have fun.

As she roamed the hotel to look for her fiancé she came across a vending machine and decided to get his favorite candy. When she grabbed the candy from the dispenser she heard a weird smacking noise coming from the side of the machine. Curiosity got the best of her and she peeked her head behind the machine.

There she saw Samuel and the girl from the morning making out like there was no tomorrow. She scoffed and a grin was painted across her face. Just as she was about to walk away her eyes met Samuel's a hint of regret was painted across his face but she rolled her eyes and walked away.

She couldn't deny the fact that she was hurt. All of his words felt like a fib. She laughed but her heart was hurting. She made her way to the beach to take a walk. It wasn't too crowded so she sat in a spot behind a palm tree. She removed her shoes and set them aside as she dug her toes in the fresh sand.

Deep in thought, she picked up bunches of sand with her hand and simply let it run between her fingers. Reminiscing about her memories before Samuel was someone in her life, she felt a small tear run down her cheek and she quickly wiped it as she felt someone approach.

"Is Samuel here with you?" Bada asked as she stood next to the girl. Ruby scoffed.

"He's... too busy right now. I just wanted to clear my head from a conversation that I had with Aria but my mind is more clouded now. Why did I even come here?" Ruby sighed and Bada sat next to her.

"Great. Then I'll keep you company until you feel better. Here," Bada patter her shoulder for Ruby to lean on it and she didn't hesitate. She leaned on Bada and immediately felt the clouds go away as Bada wrapped her arm around her shoulders.

"Why did you run away from me earlier? I was worried sick about you and if it wasn't for Yeni calling Chocol I wouldn't have been at peace till I found you," Bada said.

"I had horrible flashbacks from when I was little. My mom almost let me drown when arguing with my dad and that's why I never learned how to swim. I get mild panic attacks when swimming and I was just a bit embarrassed. Sorry," Ruby replied.

"I am sorry for letting you go. I promise I will never do that again. I will hold onto you always and I'll protect you from all bad things," Bada said as she patted the girl's head in gentle and swift moves.

"I wish your words were true. But even in the worst situations, there is not much anyone can do for me when... forget it," Ruby said when she realized she was opening up too much about her life to Bada. She didn't want to be a burden or have Bada interfere with her plans. And something inside her told her Bada would actually do something.

"Is there something going on that's hurting you? You can tell me," Bada said.

"It's nothing important. Trust me. I have it all under control. Regardless, it wouldn't matter,"