𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬."

───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

"𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞"

Ruby felt like she was suffocating. The music and the constant talking were too much for her. It was overwhelming to the point of feeling her lungs close up.

"I'm going outside for some fresh air," she told Samuel and he nodded.

She walked out of the room and sat on a bench outside of the building. Taking a deep breath she pulled out her phone and texted her sister.

 Taking a deep breath she pulled out her phone and texted her sister

She sighed deeply and put her phone back in her purse. Life was so much easier when her father was still around. She felt like her mother forced them to grow up and become mature at a young age.

"Everything okay?" she heard a voice and turned to the owner. Bada stood there looking at her with a soft smile.

"Oh, hi. Yeah, I'm fine," Ruby replied and invited her to sit down. Bada pulled out a small box from her bag and placed it right between them.

"Here. I saw it was your birthday and I didn't know what to buy you so I just grabbed a little something from the kitchen," she said Ruby looked at the box and saw a miniature cake decorated with pearl-colored buttercream and fresh strawberries.

"Thank you. You didn't have to do that," Ruby said and a small silence filled the air.

"We haven't properly met. I'm Bada Lee. I moved here from Korea to study dance and health," she stretched out her hand.

"I'm Ruby Han. Chemistry major. Nice to meet you, Bada," she shook her hand and they went back to silence.

"So, how many jobs do you have?" Ruby asked as she opened up the small box.

"I have three jobs. I work here and at the restaurant as a part-timer and I work for Holly Cho full-time, managing her inventory here in New York. She goes easy on me when I have classes though," Bada replied and Ruby looked shocked.

"Wow! You work for Holly Cho? That's awesome!" she said and Bada just chuckled.

"Well, her daughter Yeni and I have been friends since birth so she considers me a daughter. As for my parents, they live well off in Korea with the small business I opened for them but I like to keep myself busy so... yeah," Bada added and Ruby nodded.

"You are really cool, huh? Well, I better get in there or my Mother will start looking for me. I'll see you around?" Ruby said as she turned to Bada.

"You bet," Bada said before waving off.