Chapter 8

TW: SHAWMILA SMUT 'Don't read it'

CAMILA'S POV

"Hole in one, baby!" Hailee lifts her hands over her head in victory.

"That's three in a row!" Harry shouts, crossing his arms in a pout. "You're cheatin'."

The rest of us laugh and Carl slaps the big guy's shoulders.

"It's the same shit every time, my man. Why do you think mini golf is always her idea?" He grins bowing when Hailee lifts her chin with a smile.

"It's okay, Harry baby," she teases. "We all know you're the best athlete out of all of us."

I chuckle, and warm breath meets my ear.

"Does that laugh mean you agree?"

I shift to look at Shawn, but he's already slipping away, his lips curved around his water bottle, and my nerves fire off.

He knows I'm still staring his way and—

"Ally," Justin speaks slow, as slow as his body lifts off the bench beside me, as if he's approaching a wounded animal and fears for them to run. "What's wrong?"

All our heads jerk in her direction, the clubs falling from our boys' hands as they quickly follow behind Justin.

She makes not a sound, but as her head lifts from the screen of her phone, tears fall like a waterfall, rapid and non-stop.

She doesn't blink, and while she's looking at her brother, I'm not so sure she sees him.

"Ally." Sabrina tries this time, stepping beside her, and gently curves Ally's wrist, so she can see the screen. Her eyes scan over it a moment, and she glares, her head snapping toward Justin, anger bringing heat to her skin.

"He's gone," Ally says, voice scarily void of emotion.

"Who's gone?" Carl says gently as he slowly approaches.

Ally brings her eyes to his, tension framing her features. She shakes her head, hands him her phone and takes off toward the exit.

"Fuck me." Sabrina tosses Ross her drink and chases after her, while Carl reaches down to pick up the phone.

He leans his body toward Justin, the two reading over the screen at the same time.

Carl shoves it into Justin's hand, turning to stare in the direction Ally disappeared. "Sabrina said it right." He shakes his head. "Fuck me."

"Talk, man." Ross glares at Justin.

Justin's shoulders fall in defeat, and he glances at the phone once more. "The funeral. They held it. They couldn't be decent for one minute and allow the girl carrying his baby to be there."

Oh my god.

"How do you know for sure?" Hailee chews on her fingernails.

"Carl..."

"His bitch of a mother sent her a picture from a funeral." Carl turns to face us. "Casket is in the background and all."

I gasp, my hand flying up to cover my mouth.

"Holy shit," Hailee whispers, turning to me and wrapping her arms through mine.

"What do we do?" I ask Justin.

He shakes his head. "I don't know. I don't know what we can do. Sabrina hired someone to look into it, but he was a minor, and his family must have paid a fuck lot to keep it all under wraps."