Chapter 31

Camila

Thanksgiving at my house has always been a big event. My aunt and uncle would come from Santiago and Havana with our cousins, and Harry, Shawn, and Hailee's families would be there too, plus or minus a few additions they'd bring, depending on the year.

My dad would set up the garage, which served as nothing more than his cave on a normal day.

It might be my favorite holiday, tradition-wise, so there's a little sadness this year knowing our parents won't be here... but we would never tell them that.

Their once-in-a-lifetime adventure ends just after the first of the year, when Harry's dad has to report back to base, so there is always next time.

This year, though, we're trying to ignore the difference by hosting our own at the beach house, and when we leave, we're bringing my brother back with us.

"You didn't get to come inside the place last time, huh?"

"nope." Lauren reaches over the side of her truck for our bags. "You left me out on the sand."

Spinning to face her, I lift a brow. "You shouldn't have hit me in the head with that football."

Lauren drops our stuff, rushes over and wraps me up. She spins me around, planting a hard, quick kiss to my lips. "Best thing I ever did was miss that pass."

"Mmm." I peck at her lips. "And here I was thinking the best thing you ever did was toss me on the bed and—"

"Don't finish that sentence."

I whip around, my smile stretching at the sight of my brother. I kick my legs and Lauren sets me on my feet. I rush Carl, throwing my arms around him, and he groans, his jaw clamping shut.

My hands fly away, my eyes wide. "Shit. Sorry."

"It's fine. Come here." His arms pull me in, a long exhale slipping from him. "I'm okay, Baby sis. Promise."

"Yeah?" I blink back my emotions.

"I was fucked off for a couple weeks," he admits. "But I'm good now."

"Thank god for that."

I turn to find Ally leaning against the doorframe, her belly swollen and looking ready to pop.

"Oh my god," I coo, rushing over. "Look at you." I hug her, and when I look to her stomach, she giggles.

"Go ahead, feel me up."

Grinning, I place my palms on her belly, feeling the firmness of the left side and gliding my palm right, where it smooths out again. I then move it back right. "Is this him?"

Ally nods. "He likes to squash my lungs."

"Pretty cool, huh?" Carl steps up.

I cut him a sarcastic glance. "Yeah Sure, It's not you, who has to pop him out of yourself."

"Fuckoff baby sister ! Ally When are you due? I feel like you've been pregnant forever."

"next week. Your cousin and I just finished getting the nursery together. You'll have to come see it."

"Keana?"

"no," she sighs playfully. "Ross."

A laugh flies from me, and she grins.

"Trust me, I was just as surprised while it was happening."

"I bet." I nod, turning to Lauren as she steps up, taking Carl's outstretched hand.

"Jauregui." He raises a brow. "Looks like my sister's still in one piece. This shit serious now, or what?" He frowns.

"It's whatever she wants it to be."