The Girl on the Battlefield

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SEASON 1 EPISODE 11

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Setting:

System: Alpha Centauri

Faction: United Colonies

Planet: Jemison

Place: Y/n's room, the Lodge, New Atlantis

☆☆☆

The Colony War

Y/n

"Mama!"

Thundering footsteps vibrated the broken sidewalks. Smoke contaminated the sky as she coughed out muck and bits of the lunch she hadn't had time to fully consume. Her hands pried the rubble off her chest, and cracking sobs left her parched throat.

Y/n climbed her way out of the hole she had been trapped in. Blood soaked her mouth, and upon pressing her finger against it, she determined her tooth had been snapped in half. She could feel her nerve dangling out of the shattered pieces.

New Atlantis cried for mercy as the Freestar's mechs rained fire on it. Giant robotic bodies towered over the fleeing citizens only for them to get crushed by their massive feet. The mechs were the size of ten people stacked on top of one another, and their width was more than any ship Y/n had ever seen in the few years of adventuring she had done.

"Mama!" she cried again, crawling her way down the sidewalk as drips of blood fell off her scabbed knees.

Skyscrapers fell and decorated the horizon with swarms of dust. Deflated human bodies that had been squashed by the Freestar's mechs lay around her. Unable to walk, Y/n had to scrape her way over the dead bodies and feel how their organs had been squeezed out of their bodies.

Vomit tickled her tongue and her eyes burned either from the sickening smell of the rotting corpses or the thick smog that sprinted inside her nose and wrapped around her brain.