A Prayer for the Fallen

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SEASON 2 EPISODE 3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Location:

System: Volii

System: Volii

Faction: Freestar Collective

Planet: Volii Alpha

Place: Neon

A/N: Ugh that picture of Jimin is so MMM UGH what a fine man NGGH BARK BARK WOLF WOLF ROAR HOWLS BARK BARK BARK WOOF

Ahem. Excuse me. I appear to be in heat or something because that pic is actually making me aggressive.

☆☆☆

Jimin

Neon wasn't as beautiful as he remembered.

Jimin stood in front of his home as the storms raged on, droplets of moisture thundering against the walls of the indoor city. Not an ounce of sunlight dared peek through. All that illuminated him were the flashing lights Neon was known for, but for once, it was far from comforting.

After the shock of Tau Ceti and his chaotic entrance to the UC Vanguard, Jimin decided he needed a break to cool off before he met with the president. Y/n supported it and had flown him to Neon. She waited in the ship, and he appreciated that she respected his space. As much as he had no problem with her being around his mother, he wanted time alone. But he made a mental note to tell Y/n all about it later.

Without knocking, Jimin entered and spotted his mother humming and sitting up in bed. She had her knees tucked against her chest and bags under her eyes; however, there weren't just bags, there were creases, too. Two little creases for each of her eyes, and when mixed with the bags, they made her look her age.

"Ma," Jimin said with a hitch in his voice. "You're awake."

Not only was she awake, but she seemed sober. His suspicions were confirmed when she raised her hand and flapped it up and down in a nodding motion. Jimin took it as an invitation to come in and plop down on the bed next to her, but she still didn't speak. She kept humming a tune he didn't recognize.