33 | Things You Do For Love

Dragon Ball © Akira Toriyama, Shuheisha, Inc

The fruitless search for the female android had made Cell grow impatience as he was so close to fulfilling the requirement to achieve the ultimate power—so much that Cell had started to randomly destroy the islands one by one to force her out from...

The fruitless search for the female android had made Cell grow impatience as he was so close to fulfilling the requirement to achieve the ultimate power—so much that Cell had started to randomly destroy the islands one by one to force her out from her hideout. He was already so powerful in his semi-perfect form yet he was far from satisfied. When Vegeta confronted him, Trunks chose to land a little far from their current position as per his father's command not to interfere—which Trunks had no choice but to follow.

Though they didn't talk too much during their practice in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, he was grateful for a year of practice with his father. Years ago, this moment was something he could dream about without hopes of having it fulfilled. He secretly copied his father, learning his techniques, and watching all those had given him the hope that his father might be able to defeat Cell once and all this time.

Vegeta's new form of Super Saiyan had granted him a bigger mass of muscles and longer hair. He rammed a jab, followed by a blow straight to his face—and that was all he needed to draw the blood to the corner of Cell's lips. The victorious grin Cell had before had now faded, morphing into his sourest expression the moment Cell realised that the table had turned into Vegeta's favour. Cell was desperate, so much so that he screamed his frustration at his powerlessness against the Saiyan Prince.

It made Trunks wondered as a sole spectator of the battle—what took his father so long to finish the green monster. Vegeta was already so powerful that he could end the battle in just thirty minutes or even less than that. The thought of an insane possibility churned his stomach that he paled out the moment Vegeta negotiated something with Cell.

How he hoped his father was thinking was he was thinking...

"You want to try me out, don't you!? You want to see my completion..." Cell taunted.

Vegeta smirked, "You seem to know something about Saiyan psychology. Fine, I'll let myself fall for your trap. Go make yourself complete!"

And that was the moment when he felt blood had been drained from his face. He didn't know what kind of demon had taken his father's consciousness for having such a lunatic idea to let Cell accomplish his ultimate form. How could he sacrifice the world for his personal amusement?