10 | The Door

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

Whilst they were waiting until the time machine garnered enough energy to bring them back to the past, they were doing their usual things—training, aiding the Earthlings, and protecting them from the androids' attacks, and helped Bulma building he...

Whilst they were waiting until the time machine garnered enough energy to bring them back to the past, they were doing their usual things—training, aiding the Earthlings, and protecting them from the androids' attacks, and helped Bulma building her machines.

Half of the Earth population had gone since the first time the android begun terrorising the Earth, meaning they only had a few to protect. It was rare for them to find a peaceful day where they could just go shopping to stock their foods or cooking together—just like what they did at that moment.

Ever since she met her father for the first time, Tenten couldn't stop smiling to herself. She just couldn't wait to go back to the past to see the way her father defended the Earth, probably learning a new move or two from her father, or maybe just spend quality time with her family. She cut the carrot while glancing at her mother's recipes notebook, making sure that she had cut enough for the dish she was cooking at that moment.

"You're smiling a lot recently," said Trunks as he put the meat he had chopped beside her.

Tenten responded with a smile. "Can't I?"

He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist from her back. "Of course, you can. With the risk drawing me into you every time you do."

"And risking yourself to get cut?" She snorted at his cheesy line as she pointed at the knife she was holding.

"I'm a swordsman, my lady. Such a little knife can barely do anything to me."

"That will depend on who's holding the knife, don't you think?" She finally put down her knife and turn her body around so she could face him. "Keep distracting me and dinner will never be served."

"I don't mind..." He leant closer to her to close the gap between them while she smiled as she closed her eyes to accept his invitation. Slowly, she put her arms behind his neck and tiptoed to meet his height.

"Hey, Tenten, what's for dinner?" came Bulma's voice as she approached the kitchen.

She quickly pushed him down to the floor without mercy and gracefully turned her body around, putting all the meat to the boiling water on the stove. "We're cooking Soya Sauce Chicken Stew, Bulma-san," she said, trying to stay composed. When Bulma peeked into the kitchen, Tenten was already busy with her cooking while Trunks was down on the floor, awkwardly wiping nothing from the floor.