15 | The World She Deserves

Disclaimer: Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

Two years had passed since Gohan passed away. Despite doing training every day, both Trunks and Tenten were still powerless against the androids. The only thing they could do was to read the androids' movement and evacuate people before that to keep the casualties number small.

There weren't many things changed in the world since then.

Except that he saw the fact that Tenten's mental health was declining. Her smile was anything but sincere. And he didn't like it. Despite having the ability to heal herself, Tenten barely healed herself right after the injury. She would let it remained for a while before finally healed it.

"So that's what happened..." Bulma frowned deeper as she tightened the bolts on her machine. "Is there anything we can do for her?"

"I tried my best to support, Kaa-san. She never said it, but I guess she's blaming herself for being the sole survivor in her family." Trunks sighed as he continued typing the function into the computer.

"I can't really blame her though... She had always been her family's little girl, close to her mother and siblings even though her father only spent a short time with her, Goku was thrilled when the twins were born. Goten was pretty much half of her soul and she depended on Gohan so much since the rest were gone." Bulma's brows knitted into a deep frown, then suddenly lifted both when she recalled something. "Oh, have you asked her to—"

"I have." Bulma glowered at Trunks when he cut her. "Asking her to stay with us, right? Yeah, I did—right after Gohan-san's funeral. She didn't want to."

"You never told me about it, Son."

"I let it slipped off my mind."

"Then, what happened when you ask her?"

Trunks lowered his face on his monitor to make sure his mother didn't see his expression. "She... refused my offer."

"That's it? She refused and you didn't even try to convince her?" she inquired, to which he responded by shaking his head. "Did you mean something had happened and you don't want to tell me?"