12 | Earth's Greatest Defender

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

A week after the incident, Gohan made great progress with his condition

A week after the incident, Gohan made great progress with his condition. He wasted no time and back into training his juniors. Trunks practiced his aim while Tenten deflected them with her barriers. As she deflected the energy balls, she started to see Goten's shadow before her. She couldn't move when she saw him getting closer along with the energy ball. She heard his voice, calling her name again, again, and again. However, she couldn't move her body, until she was hit by the energy ball and trashed to the boulder behind her.

"Tenten!" Both Gohan and Trunks approached her.

"I'm so sorry, Tenten! I—"

"No, don't apologise, Trunks! This is a training session, so it's her own fault if she's losing concentration," Gohan said before turning his attention back to her. "Snap out of it, Tenten! Are you going to keep doing this when you're facing the android?!"

Tenten bit her lips and looked away. "It's just... I... I saw Goten and—"

"Don't ever bring Goten in this! He's no longer here, Tenten!"Gohan looked very angry at the mention of Goten. "You've got to accept that fact!"

Tenten clenched her fists and said, "You don't have to say it like that!" through her gritted teeth."He wasn't here because of me! You don't know how that feels, right?"

"And the world isn't going to pity you because of that! The world isn't going to be saved if you keep mourning over Goten! Let him rest and move on with your practice!"

It was the first time Trunks ever watched the siblings argued. He never thought he'd see Gohan so angry himself, though he understood why Gohan was really mad. It was indeed very dangerous for her to battle with that kind of mental state. Tenten ended up turning her heels and flew, hiding near the second rock mountain in their training ground.

"Sorry you have to see that, Trunks," Gohan said with an apologetic smile.

"That's okay... but, was that constantly happening? About her focus, I meant," Trunks said.