16 | A Machine Called Hope

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

After the festival was over, they were walking together near the Dragon Tear's Lake for a small chat

After the festival was over, they were walking together near the Dragon Tear's Lake for a small chat. Tenten barely had such a good mood lately so he didn't want to waste the chance.

"...and the Lunch-san's other personality betrayed them, taking the diamond together with Master Roshi's only plane," he ended his story in which she giggled. "My mother said that Lunch-san's dual personalities were helpful and annoying at the same time. She was like a double-edged sword for them back then."

"But she was still helpful as a comrade, right?" Tenten slowly swayed her step as she walked. "It must be fun if we can do things as they did back then—collecting the dragon balls, right?"

"Then have Shen Long grants your wish," Trunks said. "How wonderful it must be."

They slumped on the bed of grass together and stared into the sky. The weather had grown a lot warmer now since it was the beginning of summer. The breeze fell upon their face was filled with the sweet smell of tall billowing grass. Puffs of white cotton from the cottonwood tree floated slowly past them. They weren't saying anything while enjoying the scenery before them, hoping that the peaceful moment could last forever.

"I wonder if I'm strong enough to beat the Androids now," he finally said.

She propped herself from the grass with one arm, staring almost disbelievingly at him. "I don't mean to doubt your strength, but... I don't think so."

"Well, we never know unless we try, right? We never really face the Androids these past three years, so I think I should give it a try."

Tenten grabbed his shoulder and glared at him. "Don't even think about it."

"But–"

"No but, Trunks! We never face them one-on-one! You of all people know how strong they are. You can't face them the way you are, and neither can I!" she raised her voice at this.

He rose to sit position, craned his head towards her, and was about to say something when she suddenly clutched on his shirt. She bit her bottom lip before resting her head on his chest.