28 | Bug Extermination

Dragon Ball © Akira Toriyama, Shuheisha, Inc

Were insects the thing she fear the most in the world? Or was it something else?

"...and I killed him, took the machine and came here. So, here we are."

The moment she heard the very sentence, everything around her became blurry on the edges. She felt like her entire being was sucked into the darkness where she was standing alone, surrounded by the sequences she hated the most...

The moment she lost her family...

When she almost lost her footing, Tenten quickly shook her head and clenched her fists as if it would help her to get a grip on herself.

"Y-you... killed Trunks?"

How many more should be taken from her?

Hadn't she lost enough already?

Cell let out a sinister laugh. "You were looking exactly like this when you saw your boyfriend being killed before you. So helpless, powerless, and hopeless." It laughed again. "I didn't kill you just so you can suffer being pitiful throughout your life."

He was being killed before her and she could do nothing about it?

Something burning surged from her centre. The memory of how everyone she loved was taken from her was being replayed in slow motion in the most agonising movie she ever saw. Her clutch on Piccolo was tightened without her realising, trembling at the image of how Trunks was being slain by the creature before her. Her vision was darkened; her lungs were deprived of oxygen and she had to use all of her might just to breathe.

"Tenten!" Piccolo's deep tone took her back to reality.

She immediately shook her head and asked, "W-why did you choose this time?" Her voice was still trembling so she gulped to retain her stance.

"I didn't. Trunks' time machine was set to this time. All I did was push the button."

She exchanged looks with Piccolo, knowing that they shared the same opinion regarding this. That Trunks might've defeated the androids and was probably going to this time to tell the warriors about it.