05 | The Warrior's Daughter

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

Otō-san...

The word tasted warm on her tongue and it streamed her entirety with happiness. Throughout her life, all she could do was to watch people calling their fathers in person without being able to do so. It was the chance she had been dreaming ever since she was a kid.

"I'm your daughter, Otō-san," she said again. Deep within her, there was a fear that he wouldn't believe her when he remained silent. Contrary to that, the said person's heart was pounding with an immense excitement that he didn't know how to react.

"You're my daughter..." Goku repeated. "I'm going to have a daughter?"

The girl nodded with equal excitement.

"I'm going to have a daughter! Chichi is going to be thrilled if she knows this!" He pulled the girl into his embrace (meanwhile Bulma shouted, "Son! What are you doing?! Why are you embracing another woman in front of your kid?!" from afar.)

Though she was stiffened in his embrace at first, his warmth gradually seeped into her. Slowly, she put her arms around him and returned his hug. She wondered if being in her father's arms made her feel like she was in the safest place on earth.

"I think it's better to keep this as a surprise to the family. Don't you think so?" she softly said.

"Hmm, you're right." Goku put his hands on both of her shoulders, staring right into her eyes with the same warm eyes she knew from the photo. "I'm looking forward to your arrival—at this time."

She chuckled to cover how she actually envied her past self. "Yes, Otō-san." She took a deep breath. "Unfortunately we didn't come just to tell you this. There is something very important that we would like you to know."

Goku noticed the seriousness she implied and nodded. "Okay. What is it?"

"In four years' time, on May Twelfth..." Trunks began, "...at approximately ten in the morning on an island about nine kilos southwest of Metro South, a fearsome duo is going to appear..."